Toronto Wellesley on the Park | 194.15m | 60s | Lanterra | KPMB

Trees are planted...
20140424_180545.jpg

Attachments

• 20140424_180545.jpg
    20140424_180545.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,547
I really hope there are way more benches than that model suggests. There should be benches (or chairs and tables) all along every path and at the outer edges of the park. Without seating, it's just a pretty route between destinations, rather than a place in itself.

The park design is considered very preliminary at the moment. Come out to upcoming public consultations and have your say regarding benches.

Looks like they found a way to save costs on excavation fill disposal: build hills.

All those lawns - gosh: they hardly fit into any definition of environmentally sensitive landscaping, and hot weather and dog pee does them in proper. I look forward to the public consultation - hopefully a Cork Common-like design process will take hold.

Looks like they found a way to save costs on excavation fill disposal: build hills.

All those lawns - gosh: they hardly fit into any definition of environmentally sensitive landscaping, and hot weather and dog pee does them in proper. I look forward to the public consultation - hopefully a Cork Common-like design process will take hold.

Most of the park will be built early on, probably before excavation even gets under way, as the parking garage already exists under most of it. The hills are going in to provide enough earth for substantial trees to grow.

In regards to lawns, the community has said loudly and clearly already that they want places to lie back and relax here, so you'll be able to say your piece about that, but I expect you'll be up against a majority who are looking for a way to get their manicured green space. I wonder if it would be built with an in-ground drip system to keep it growing through any summer heat waves. It's the kind of thing that a finalized zoning amendment could require.

I see curved glazing - lots and lots of it.

AoD

I'd be surprised if the curved glazing makes it up above the podium levels, other than as balcony glazing. I can't see them continuing with that for the suite walls.

Yeah, lawns don't work in this city. They become eroded dirt pastures pretty quickly. I'd love to see one of those lawns fenced and allocated for a community garden or something. Our standards for "parks" are so low. Any space that doesn't have a building on it, or a parking lot, is called a park.

Back