Toronto Waterscapes | ?m | 30s | Biddington | Graziani + Corazza

Nice to see all these developments going up on the waterfront.
Unfortunately there is one little dilemma…
Just hope all the residents don't mind he smell of fresh sewage in the morning, what with the 'fudge' plant just across the highway.

Wonder what’s going on with that supposed odour study...
I go by there every morning and letmetellya they just REALLY need to get on that.

attachment.php

not bad...very Miami Beach 1967 imo...

and an unannounced 50 storey building? not bad at all!

Yeah, not bad at all. And yes, very Miami Beach.

I wish City Place could have considered something like this. All the dark grey panelling is getting rather dour.

I went to the "registriation preview" on Saturday and am sad to report nothing exciting ... Monarch was selling these units out of couple tents ... display panels showing only floorplans and one building rendering on easels were just set up in a small tent, and it was kind of raining out ... the sales office is under renovation ... there was not even a scaled building model (hence snapped no pictures) ...

best of all, I can't believe people were lining up in the rain for more than 2 hours just to talk to an agent ... what have Toronto real estate come to ?? sigh :rolleyes:

I went to the "registriation preview" on Saturday and am sad to report nothing exciting ... Monarch was selling these units out of couple tents ... display panels showing only floorplans and one building rendering on easels were just set up in a small tent, and it was kind of raining out ... the sales office is under renovation ... there was not even a scaled building model (hence snapped no pictures) ...

best of all, I can't believe people were lining up in the rain for more than 2 hours just to talk to an agent ... what have Toronto real estate come to ?? sigh :rolleyes:

hahahha... i was lucky... i stood in line for only 10min until i overheard the same thing... so i just gave up on waiting...:)

actually thats exactly what I did too ... haha, I just picked up the package and fled thereafter

50 stories for the Etobicoke waterfront? Wow!

yup... but that's just a proposal... i don't think OMB will allow this because it will set a precedent for other builders in the area to create a wall of condos on Lakeshore... and as far i know OMB doesn't want that for south Etobicoke waterfront... but than again you never know... :)

Just for Comparison

I am disappointed by the design of Phase 4 (Waterscapes) ... original plan was to have it generally mirror the development in Phase 2 (Explorer @ Waterview) ... which in my opinion is a better better looking building in both the design and built form, the midrise towers provided a great transition towards the lake, I personally like this pair a lot ...

it is too bad Waterscapes is putting in a cylidical point tower along this edge which distorts the terracing midrise sillouette established by newer developments to the east including Explorer, Newport Beach, The Waterford, Grenadier Landing, & Nevis Villas

Explorer @ Waterview
IMG_2255.jpg

Newport Beach

The Waterford
p_r_01.jpg

Grenadier Landing

Nevis Villas

Last edited:
Yeah, but had the area been laid out differently the total effect would have been a much more pleasing. Certainly the waterfront location is quite nice.

The hats on Newport Beach are unforgivable, though.

I have a good friend who lives in Waterview and felt exactly the way that Solaris does. She also felt that their community was less coherent because of the design and orientation of this new building, and also because of Nautilus.

My feeling is that is the collectivity of buildings along the Humber Bay shores is a disaster area, containing buildings that range in merit from the indifferent to the outright silly and ugly, each building pretending that the others don't exist, and almost all of it offering only "amenities" to their inhabitants and precious little beyond one nice restaurant and a glorified tuck shop to the passers-by, that it's far too late to complain about the built form of Waterscapes.

If I read the rendering correctly, it looks like this building might have retail directly fronting onto Marine Parade Drive. If so, then it's an improvement over other phases, in my mind.

If I read the rendering correctly, it looks like this building might have retail directly fronting onto Marine Parade Drive. If so, then it's an improvement over other phases, in my mind.

Explorer had it first

Back