Toronto Water's Edge at the Cove | 182.26m | 56s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

From Etobicoke York Community Council: Reasons for application section

increasing the building heights of the proposed 50-storey tower from 45 metres to approximately 153 metres, and increasing the height of the proposed 5-storey building from 30 metres to approximately 44 metres.

153m plus the casa like hat will make this around 160-165m. not bad.:)

View from Marina Del Ray

Great overview of the Humber Bay Shores neighbourhood ~

dpylyp_3.jpg

Source: PJ Stephen / dpylyp

Last edited:
2143-2147 Lake Shore Blvd W (5 + 16 + 50s)

The address doesn't exactly match up, but the descriptions of what buildings are planned seem to. If this is the wrong thread could a mod please move it over?

Developments, seniors' centre moving along

Etobicoke-York Community Council Nov. 10
A development proposing to bring a 50-storey condo to the Humber Bay Shores area got the green light at Etobicoke York Community Council (EYCC) this week.

The proposal for 2143 and 2147 Lake Shore Boulevard West - formerly the site of two, now demolished, old motels along the Motel Strip - will see the development of a five-storey commercial building fronting onto Lake Shore Boulevard West, a 16-storey mixed commercial residential building adjacent to Marine Parade Drive, a 50-storey residential building of 785 units within the centre of the site, and an on-site, 60-spot public parking lot to be shared with the residential visitors and commercial users.

The development will also entail a north-south public road along its eastern boundary, connecting Lake Shore Boulevard West to Marine Parade Drive.

"Ward 6 is where it's at. This is the third meeting in a row we've approved a 30+ storey building," Etobicoke-Lakeshore Councillor Mark Grimes said Tuesday morning, thanking staff for their hard work toward the revitalization of the waterfront community. "There's not one deputant to speak against (this development) today, which speaks to the work of the staff and developer. Thank you for supporting another great building on the waterfront."

Section 37 benefits associated with the development include $200,000 towards public and parkland improvements within Humber Bay Shores and the Mimico 20/20 revitalization study area for recreational amenities, facilities, and parkland.

Source

From the Waterscapes thread

don't know if this has been already mentioned, but a 50 storey tower is planned beside Waterscape

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=2193364

good catch maestro ! didn't realise a PPR was submitted for these abutting lands

Building Application Status
Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

Location: 2143 LAKE SHORE BLVD W TORONTO ON M8V 1A1 Ward 6: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

Application#: 08 191284 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Aug 8, 2008

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: PUBLIC - PRELIMINARY PROJECT REVIEW, Due Date is 08-SEP-08, >>Proposal to develop this property with two residential towers and one commercial tower. "Tower A" is 14 storey residential building, "Tower B" is a 50 storey residential building, and "Tower C" is a 5 storey commerical building

This proposed development description resembles my discussions of a potential Conservatory Group development in the Humber Bay Shores neighbourhood ... what do you think?

if it is the same project perhaps MOD can move the related posts?

This is what I've been able to decipher so far:

2143 and 2147 Lakeshore Blvd - 5 storey commercial, 16 storey mixed commercial and residential, and one 50 storey residential, developer Conservatory Group.

2157 Lakeshore Blvd - 5 storey commercial, 8 storey mixed, and 36 storey residential developer is Graywood.

2175 Lakeshore Blvd - 3 storey commercial, 34 storey residential developers are Chestnut Hill and South Beach.

2183 Lakeshore Blvd - Two 50 storey residential towers, developer Weston Consulting Group, Architect MJMA.

2200 Lakeshore Blvd - 1200 condo units, developer ONNI.

I'm not sure if all this information is exactly accurate, so if I have gotten some of it wrong, maybe someone can correct me. I don't think the last project hasn't been approved yet, but I did read in one of the city staff reports for etobicoke, that they have recently approved 3 brand new projects for the area. I'm guessing that those three projects are the first 3 which are all located on the former "Motel Strip" area, right beside Nautilus and Waterscapes.

Last edited:
That all looks fine other than the 15 storey second building on this site being a 16 storey one. Thanks for compiling that all here!

I want to know how soon we can expect a sales office to pop up. and I cant wait for these TRUE waterfront propertys to pop up.

Back