Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

Why?

Is there anywhere in Toronto that we can have nightclubs, or do you just not like them because you don't go to them. The Guvernment is fine down there. And I'm surprised our preservationists aren't rushing to its defence since it's been there forever.

Is this Adam Vaughn posting under a fake name?

It's a haven for drugs and crime. Every second weekend you hear of shootings, stabbings, fights etc... That's not good for this fast developing area.

It'll be out of there soon.

There's problems there, but it's also possible that development in that area would change that. If the Guverment is surrounded by condos and retail, crime is less likely. So long as the area isn't ghettoized by nightclubs like the entertainment distract somewhat was/is, it shouldn't be anymore of an issue than living anywhere else in the city where things can go awry.

Well, yeah, not much to dispute here. Although I do wonder whether public satisfaction should really be our decision-maker. I'm not sure what folks here think about the ROM expansion, but most of the public hates it. I still think that it was a good idea, and I'm glad to have seen it carried through.

Do you have a source to back up your claim that most of the public hates the ROM expansion? Is that why so many people get pictures taken there? Why it's an instant, well-photographed Toronto landmark?

Not so funny, and way off topic. Please stick to Waterlink and its immediate neighbourhood in this thread please!

from today
20111203044.jpg

How does that super tall tower crane not tip over? I know it's bolted at it's base. But four bolts going down into the ground is enough to keep that whole thing balanced and secured?

Back