Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

Many thanks for the pics.

I think I speak for a lot of people on this board: how are renderings such as this put together? Who choses the materials represented? How are the architects involved (if at all)? What are the renderings based on (architectual plans or something less elaborate)?

Many thanks Zack.

zach(at)spine3d.com, (another question), have you been retained to do the renderings/animation for the next phases of Pier 27? And if so, have any intial drawings been produced and have you seen them? I think a lot of us here would like to see how the next phases meet the street (Queen's Quay)

alklay - The process is pretty straight forward. In most instances, we come on board when the project is already at 100% CDs so we have a full set to work with. Sometimes we are contracted by the architect, but more recently have been working with the developer or ad agency. We are always in contact with the architect because their creative input spills into the rendering/animation process as well.

andrew3d - Send it to me. I will get it over to HR.

marcus - We are working on getting that contract now. :) You all will get the first sneak peek once we get it going. We are not allowed to show the actual DWGs but the renderings are fair game so stay tuned......

alklay - The process is pretty straight forward. In most instances, we come on board when the project is already at 100% CDs so we have a full set to work with. Sometimes we are contracted by the architect, but more recently have been working with the developer or ad agency. We are always in contact with the architect because their creative input spills into the rendering/animation process as well.

andrew3d - Send it to me. I will get it over to HR.

marcus - We are working on getting that contract now. :) You all will get the first sneak peek once we get it going. We are not allowed to show the actual DWGs but the renderings are fair game so stay tuned......

What are DWGs?

A new hoarding with a generic rendering of the waterfront has recently be installed on the site. Has the commitment to the Clewes building design changed? Does anyone know?

A new hoarding with a generic rendering of the waterfront has recently be installed on the site. Has the commitment to the Clewes building design changed? Does anyone know?

What do you mean? Please elaborate.

On another topic: While I can appreciate that the developers want to present their Sales Office/Presentation Gallery as a ship by adding the "sails," I think these diminished its beauty; but I still think it's very nice ;)

Back