Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

Just wanted to say I received a flyer for Pier 27 in the mail today.
Looks like they are going full steam ahead.

This is the closest thing to a rendering they had.
I might be shunned by my fellow forumers however from this small rendering it reminds me loosely of Hearst Tower in NYC.
Specifically the blue glass with the diamond-shaped white steel work on the exterior.

pier27_rendering.jpg

Indeed... the design review panel takes a swipe at Jack Diamond. Let the war of the egos begin!

I recall reading somewhere that two of the condos are supposed to be joined by a pedestrian/living bridge, 8-10 stories up-->this rendering might just be what they are referring to..

Its interesting, however to see that Peter Clewes is picking up on modern Dutch architectural nuances-->these types of projects have either been built or proposed in various parts of holland.

p5

Wow!

Finally Clewes is being allowed to move on from his "conservative but chic minimalist Toronto look" and design more in the vane of his Dutch projects. I'd have to say from hence forth, Toronto's waterfront condo developers may produce a race towards "designer" condos--the Absolute towers-style of architectural exuberance. About freaking time for this burg.

Imagine a condo building that has a "bridge" over the Gardiner?

Going by that tiny rendering, I like it so far and look forward to seeing a full rendering. There seems to be 3 floors of living space in the 'bridge' - which is a good way to preserve open space on the ground level at the same time as increasing residential density.

I'll wait to see a full rendering of this but I have a feeling it's going to show Project Symphony up for what it is. Visually boring.

wow that looks better than anything Jack Diamond would ever do (Diamond should be banned). I'm definitely looking forward to this (unlike Project Symphony)

I am also curious as to how this would open up the waterfront to the public at the foot of Yonge, but interesting things could be done with this design.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. Certainly something different (and the waterfront could use something like this).

I don't get it. Its just a bridge. Could still turn out as ugly as the Germain in Calgary

I don't get it. Its just a bridge. Could still turn out as ugly as the Germain in Calgary

I agree. Based on that tiny section of the rendering there's no telling what the entire complex will look like. It could be a couple of ugly towers linked by a decent bridge.

I agree. Based on that tiny section of the rendering there's no telling what the entire complex will look like. It could be a couple of ugly towers linked by a decent bridge.

It's Clewes. That's promising! There's a bridge. That's promising!

But no, you and maestro are more than likely right; it's only a snippet of rendering, so just beyond what one can see, it probably suddenly all turns to Cheddington Cheese.

It's Clewes. That's promising! There's a bridge. That's promising!

But no, you and maestro are more than likely right; it's only a snippet of rendering, so just beyond what one can see, it probably suddenly all turns to Cheddington Cheese.

Well you really never know...maybe the scale could be off, or something else. It's such a tiny section it's quite difficult to predict what the entire complex looks like.

Back