Toronto Waterfront Innovation Centre | 53.03m | 11s | Waterfront Toronto | Sweeny &Co

Surprising they're going with those bricks. Won't they be replaced with the red brick like the rest of Queen's Quay in the (hopefully not too distant) future?

I had such low expectations for this complex, so it's turning out better than I expected.

The angles from the south and west look decent. l like how the umbrellas from Sugar Beach match the bronze ribbons of the building.

Reactions: syn
Surprising they're going with those bricks. Won't they be replaced with the red brick like the rest of Queen's Quay in the (hopefully not too distant) future?
I think the grey bricks are on the private part inside the property line. The section further north is certainly 'public' but I am not sure if WT plan to put down the final sidewalks - at least on the south side of QQE - until they finish all the below ground utilities (and the LRT?) and start work on the major QQE rebuild so I will not be surprised to see asphalt on it for a few more years. That said, it's good to see the tree trench going in. The sidewalks outside the new LCBO building on the north side of QQE a bit further west are getting the full red 'granite' 'brick' treatment plus granite curbs.

20220129_135014.jpg
20220129_164805.jpg
20220129_172927.jpg
20220129_174918.jpg

Last edited:
Why is Toronto so Anti landscaping ? They show 0 attention to street level aesthetics. Project after project fails in that respect . Shame.
Remember that the whole of Queen's Quay East will be rebuilt when the LRT is built. What you see today is NOT the final product - though I assume the brickwork at the building edge will remain.

Back