Toronto Waterfront Innovation Centre | 53.03m | 11s | Waterfront Toronto | Sweeny &Co

Boy, near total agreement on this UT site - that's got to be a first. Does anyone in authority listen in, or even care what gets voiced here ?

I highly doubt this is unanimous by a long, long shot - a lot of members don't necessarily pay attention to the waterfront.

AoD

Has anybody heard back if you emailed members of the design review panel? I have not. WaterfrontTO isn't commenting other than saying that the city owns the land and that they're leasing it to Menkes.

I haven't heard back. I emailed the WT executive and DRP.

We've had developers tell us they have put additional effort into their designs because of comments here so not as small as you may think @Automation Gallery

Perfect opportunity coming up early next week to voice our extreme displeasure and disappointment with this building:

We invite you to join us at an upcoming Waterfront Toronto Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday, June 6th from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at the George Brown College Waterfront Campus. Our President and CEO, Will Fleissig, will give community members an update on what we’ve been up to over the last year, the new context for Waterfront Toronto, our evolving mandate, new strategy and major projects that will define our future. Community members will also have the opportunity to ask questions and share their views.

If you are unable to attend the meeting, we will be live streaming on our Facebook page. To watch and interact, visit www.facebook.com/WaterfrontToronto/.

Town Hall Meeting Details

Date:Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Time:7:00 to 9:00 pm
Location: 51 Dockside Drive, Toronto, ON M5A 0B6 in the auditorium at George Brown College Waterfront Campus Harbourfront Centre (nearest major intersection is Queens Quay East and Lower Sherbourne Street)
Map: Click here.
Transit: 6 Bay bus or the 75 Sherbourne bus. Please use the TTC trip planner for additional options.
Accessibility: Barrier-free access is through the main entrance off Dockside Drive.

Perfect opportunity coming up early next week to voice our extreme displeasure and disappointment with this building:

We invite you to join us at an upcoming Waterfront Toronto Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday, June 6th from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at the George Brown College Waterfront Campus. Our President and CEO, Will Fleissig, will give community members an update on what we’ve been up to over the last year, the new context for Waterfront Toronto, our evolving mandate, new strategy and major projects that will define our future. Community members will also have the opportunity to ask questions and share their views.

If you are unable to attend the meeting, we will be live streaming on our Facebook page. To watch and interact, visit www.facebook.com/WaterfrontToronto/.

Location: 51 Dockside Drive, Toronto, ON M5A 0B6 in the auditorium at George Brown College Waterfront Campus Harbourfront Centre (nearest major intersection is Queens Quay East and Lower Sherbourne Street)
Transit: 6 Bay bus or the 75 Sherbourne bus. Please use the TTC trip planner for additional options.
Accessibility: Barrier-free access is through the main entrance off Dockside Drive.

Thanks for that. I'm cancelling my engagements for Tuesday so I can make it to this. I'm going to blow off some steam. This piece of crap cannot be built and call itself an "Innovation" centre.

EDIT: Damn it, I won't be able to make it after all. Wasn't able to cancel one of my appointments. I hope others can go and bring this up.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I'm cancelling my engagements for Tuesday so I can make it to this. I'm going to blow off some steam. This piece of crap cannot be built and call itself an "Innovation" centre.

Terrific to hear MM. Please report back on how it went. Also, please let us know if there is any local media there - I've had correspondence with some local architecture and urban affairs writers.

Excellent, thanks for going. I can't make it, sadly, but I hope you give 'em hell. I personally favour the "this looks like a suburban Brampton office complex not an innovation centre" put down.

This is very pedestrian, looks like something designed for an accounting firm. Very disappointing considering the prominent location on the waterfront. The Redpath sugar shed is more innovative.

Reminder that it's Express Your Profound Distaste of the Innovation Centre Design to Waterfront Execs Day.

Messaging:
> Redpath sugar shed is more innovative
> This looks like an audit firm's suburban office complex
> Do better and redesign

Back