Toronto Waterfront Innovation Centre | 53.03m | 11s | Waterfront Toronto | Sweeny &Co

Toronto's waterfront is turning into an outright embarrassment. From Humber Bay all the way to the Portlands, this is just getting ridiculous.

Waterfront Toronto should be applauded for urban design projects like Sugar Beach and the Wave Deck. But all of the buildings under their jurisdiction have been clunkers so far.

I wouldn't say "clunkers" - more like all in all a spotted record of architectural excellence. In this case there is a stated requirement for the structure to be excellent - what was proposed isn't.

AoD

If they have the audacity to show up with this pile of horse shit at the DRP after being demanded "an innovative" design, I have to believe that they'll be laughed out of the room. At least, I hope so. *crickets*

I'm seriously considering showing up to the DRP meeting with a whoopee cushion to make fart sounds every time they put this crap on screen.

What I find most insulting is that the panel threw out the original proposal which they said looked too much like the Ryerson Student Centre. So Menkes comes back to the drawing board and proposes something that looks like HUNDREDS of buildings in this city.

What I find most insulting is that the panel threw out the original proposal which they said looked too much like the Ryerson Student Centre. So Menkes comes back to the drawing board and proposes something that looks like HUNDREDS of buildings in this city.

Don't blame Menkes, that's the shite the DRP feels comfortable with

This building does not scream the sense of "innovation" that it is intended to house. The DRP must not read this forum. If they did, they might find it very helpful because I think a lot of people who post here have some wonderful, creative, and dare I use the word "innovative" ideas.

Back