Toronto Wallace Walk Towns | ?m | 4s | The Somerset Group | KFA

I always assumed that it was a sliding door given it's size on the floor plans... Why would they install a temporary sliding door and then replace it?
Why would they install a sliding door with no balcony and a 9 foot drop to the patio below?

Hilarious.

I seem to be one of the few residents that is actually planning on living in my unit long term and could care less about the property value. I lived in one of the other condo developments in the Triangle and fell in love with the area and I can't wait to move back.

I'm actually conspiring with neighbours to bring property values, and therefore taxes, down. But don't tell anyone.

That said, welcome to the 'hood, Wallace Walkers.

Hilarious.

I seem to be one of the few residents that is actually planning on living in my unit long term and could care less about the property value. I lived in one of the other condo developments in the Triangle and fell in love with the area and I can't wait to move back.

Would you care to share some of the things you enjoy in the area?

I bought at a time when the area would work for me employment-wise, but things have changed and I'm going to evaluate this long-term based on whether the area is worth the long commute for me. I'm familiar with the area but maybe there are things others know that they'd like to share?

So here is what I was talking about... This past weekend I went by the site to take some vids of the progress. As you can see from the picture, there is a sliding door on the top level of a P4 unit. No clue why they put this in and if it'll be removed. I'll be calling the builder again tomorrow to find out.

WallaceWalk_SlidingDoor.jpg

Attachments

• WallaceWalk_SlidingDoor.jpg
    WallaceWalk_SlidingDoor.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 1,254
nope the bottom one is just a big window. with the little window on the right being a window that you can open.

That's not according to plan or renderings so I am quite confused. Following up with Torbel today.

Received confirmation that the sliding doors will remain and become a Juliette balcony. This was either a decision made by Architecture or City of Toronto... Stefanie at Torbel couldn't confirm.

Here's what the development looks like from the Railpath.

17173233340_64e6fb08a0_b.jpg

17153344727_f32b0e8b64_b.jpg

16738293504_bd6cf70c57_b.jpg

Does anyone know what will happen with this land next the Railpath? I'm concerned that the developer is missing an opportunity to contribute something nice to the Railpath experience, instead of turning their backs to it.

17174595069_5639fc4277_b.jpg

Does anyone know what will happen with this land next the Railpath? I'm concerned that the developer is missing an opportunity to contribute something nice to the Railpath experience, instead of turning their backs to it.
Smokeychow said earlier:
They are building a row of Commercial Units along the railpath that should be as tall as the installed sound barrier (5m). The question is... when will they start construction on them.

Addressing the Railpath was a point of discussion in the community when the project was proposed. Buildings that were built before the Railpath opened generally turned their backs to the railway corridor with blank walls, which are undesirable now that there's a linear park along the corridor. A restaurant or cafe fronting the Railpath would be wonderful.

Back