Toronto Victory Condos | ?m | 12s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Taken this morning. Crane coming down today.

5494252051_8b4c3e2687_b.jpg

What I'd like to see for that corner: tear down the 3 storey portion of the Backpackers Hostel, completely renovate the larger building and then construct a thin 25~ storey point tower. Something with brick at the base, and a light airy tower portion that doesn't distract from the low/mid-rise brick landscape, but acts as a mediator between the converging architectural styles of the area.

Some good news for Victory owners and King West in general.
The liquor license for the back commercial space at Victory will be a new restaurant by Hanif Harji and partners (Blowfish, Kultura, Nyood). Nice to see this class of restaurant take this space.

Updated Pics from last Saturday:

They have started putting up balcony glazing on the north elevation and dont have a pic of that but it is boring as hell, should have been better. Need much more pizzaz!

King West Elevation looking good......the grey brick bands almost done.

picture018x.jpg

Here is an iphone closeup of glazing on retail/restaurant space (not yet released who will be tenant)..its coming along...
picture034i.jpg

The official site now has PH floorplans and rates. They range from $706,900 for 800 sq ft to $2,219,900 for 2,545 sq ft.

Prices of those penthouses are pretty ridiculous.

Would you spend $800K for 800sf?

well actually it is $706900 for 800 sq ft including parking and locker. It is not ridiculous if you consider that you have a 1000 sq ft private terrace above the unit. all the PH's have huge private terraces above that are actually bigger than the unit itself.

well actually it is $706900 for 800 sq ft including parking and locker. It is not ridiculous if you consider that you have a 1000 sq ft private terrace above the unit. all the PH's have huge private terraces above that are actually bigger than the unit itself.

I didn't know parking was included, but that's honestly overpriced even if it is included. The terrace is nice and all, but we're in Canada, how often will you really use it? close to $900ft for an 800sqft condo in a non-luxury building? That's a ripoff IMO.

hmm, if I had money to spend i.e. I could afford such a place ... but I wasn't rich rich (i.e. 10s of millions) maybe condo fees factor in ? Luxury buildings have astronomically high condo fees. Maybe this is one way to avoid them? I mean the condos fees for the unit will be high given it's size but maybe not as high if as a similiar space in a luxury building ?

hmm, if I had money to spend i.e. I could afford such a place ... but I wasn't rich rich (i.e. 10s of millions) maybe condo fees factor in ? Luxury buildings have astronomically high condo fees. Maybe this is one way to avoid them? I mean the condos fees for the unit will be high given it's size but maybe not as high if as a similiar space in a luxury building ?

But think about it for a minute $700K for 800 square feet. Marinate on that. How much are 800 square foot 2 bedrooms going for in the area? Fashion House, 55 Stewart, 400 Wellington, 75 Portland.

For $759K
http://www.freeddevelopments.com/550-wellington-west-116.php

For $650K
http://www.freeddevelopments.com/six50-king-west-1506.php

This is all opinion here.....but I find the above units to be much better value. They're both over 1000sf

But think about it for a minute $700K for 800 square feet. Marinate on that. How much are 800 square foot 2 bedrooms going for in the area? Fashion House, 55 Stewart, 400 Wellington, 75 Portland.

For $759K

For $650K

It's a new development so there will be a premium associated with that. I'll agree that's a pretty

This is all opinion here.....but I find the above units to be much better value. They're both over 1000sf

Oh sorry, I wasn't commenting on the price, just the notion that it isn't a luxury building.
It's a new development so there will be a premium associated with that. I'll agree that's a pretty substantial premium :)

Maybe they're going for the 'pent house' vibe. With short buildings like this though what does that even mean ? The only advantage in my books is there's no unit above yours - so that should imply less noise.

It's a great looking building though (regardless of price).

For $759K

For $650K

These units are not comparable at all. the unit for $759k at 550 Wellington does not include parking or locker. I know it is 1600 sq ft, but that is a ground floor, 2 levels townhome with 8ft ceilings on each level and the unit does not have a private outdoor space, that is why the unit is still on the market on a building that has been occupied for one year now.

The unit at 650 King is 1084 sq ft por $699,900 and that does not include parking or locker, add parking and locker and the price is $740000, that is almost $700 per sq ft and the unit has a very tiny balcony. 9ft ceilings.

the PH at Victory has 11 ft ceilings with gas connection for the 1000 sq ft terrace. how much do you think is the value of a 1000 sq ft private terrace with gas connection right on King and Spadina in King West?

These units are not comparable at all. the unit for $759k at 550 Wellington does not include parking or locker. I know it is 1600 sq ft, but that is a ground floor, 2 levels townhome with 8ft ceilings on each level and the unit does not have a private outdoor space, that is why the unit is still on the market on a building that has been occupied for one year now.

The unit at 650 King is 1084 sq ft por $699,900 and that does not include parking or locker, add parking and locker and the price is $740000, that is almost $700 per sq ft and the unit has a very tiny balcony. 9ft ceilings.

the PH at Victory has 11 ft ceilings with gas connection for the 1000 sq ft terrace. how much do you think is the value of a 1000 sq ft private terrace with gas connection right on King and Spadina in King West?

Are you sure about the lofthouses? I'm pretty sure they're 9 ft ceillings.

Anyways, those were just examples. I'm sure if I actually tried I could find better ones. I don't know too many people that would pay an extra $100K+ for a private terrace. Most terraces have bbq connection in that area. I mean, perhaps you would, but others would not. It's a subjective thing. I personally don't see value in that unit.

It's a subjective thing. I personally don't see value in that unit.

And that is the point. I understand you do not see value in that unit and you have your valid reasons but for some people that terrace is worth thousands of dollars and believe it or not many people are willing to pay a high premium for that.

Back