Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

Does anyone know if Vandyk has actually cancelled a project in the past and just gave buyers back their deposit?
I know they've cancelled units before due to change in the building plan and returned money for the units impacted. But I haven't seen anywhere that they've cancelled a project before.

Does anyone know if Vandyk has actually cancelled a project in the past and just gave buyers back their deposit?
Saw this in goggle reviews!!!
John Czako
16 reviews

4 years ago
One star rating is too generous for this builder!
After years of construction delays Vandyk terminated the purchase agreement ruining my plans moving to Cobourg. Vandyk made no real effort to meet closing dates only made excuses for the delays. I even had hard time getting back my down payment and compensation. Never again would I deal with an unreliable unprofessional builder like Vandyk!

Guess we only have to wait and see. I don't think they will do any construction this fall or winter... let's see how next spring and summer goes. Can't do much now.. seems like Vandyk is used to bad publicity and doesn't really care for it.

Guess we only have to wait and see. I don't think they will do any construction this fall or winter... let's see how next spring and summer goes. Can't do much now.. seems like Vandyk is used to bad publicity and doesn't really care for it.
I pass there a few days ago and noticed they cover everything with plastic.. machinery equipment etc don’t think they planning any work there for a while.

Last edited:
I pass there a few days ago and noticed they cover everything with plastic.. machinery equipment etc don’t think they planning any work there for a while.

I'm trying to stay positive and this they will finish the construction... just with some delays but with everything going on I think they might cancel the project after selling all the units by their main office site. I mean why would they wrap up equipment when they are in the middle of construction? They do have the permit as an excuse and say with the cost gone up for labour and the prices the homes were sold we can't afford it and the delay was caused by the permit issue.

Last edited:
I'm trying to stay positive and this they will finish the construction... just with some delays but with everything going on I think they might cancel the project after selling all the units by their main office site. I mean why would they wrap up equipment when they are in the middle of construction? They do have the permit as an excuse and say with the cost gone up for labour and the prices the homes were sold we can't afford it and the delay was caused by the permit issue.
Permit is not an issue to finish foundations and parking garage. The city is not delaying them, Vandyk has not paid their consultants doing the drawings for submissions and follow-ups.

I don’t think they are going to complete this project. They are just delaying the cancellation. I already prepared my mind.
What’s the benefit of delaying cancellation? Holding on to cash to use for future projects?

All the optics point to cancellation of the project. All this strange behaviour, delays, and lack of communication only makes sense if it’s being cancelled. It makes no sense otherwise.

What’s the benefit of delaying cancellation? Holding on to cash to use for future projects?
I pray they don't cancel...

Just thinking out loud, announcing a cancelation right now could impact the sales of the Heartlake collection and they don't want that negative PR.

I pray they don't cancel...

Just thinking out loud, announcing a cancelation right now could impact the sales of the Heartlake collection and they don't want that negative PR.
Negative PR lol, Vandyk has already tarnished their reputation as a builder that provides quality in a timely manner. A quick google search should sway any potential buyers from working with them. It’s unfortunate, hopefully they don’t cancel though.

Back