Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

The first posts of this forum was so hopeful and promising.. fast forward to page 56 it's just sorrow lol. Can't help but laugh about it a little bit. We gotta lighten up a bit, it's all out of our control anyway, and badluck with Covid. I'm sure if Covid didn't happen, the project would have been completed. Can't blame ourselves.
They are supposed to complete the project before COVID. Our initial occupancy was DeC 2020. But those bunch of crooked started construction only on 2021. If VanDick told COVID as the reason, it would not be acceptable.

They are supposed to complete the project before COVID. Our initial occupancy was DeC 2020. But those bunch of crooked started construction only on 2021. If VanDick told COVID as the reason, it would not be acceptable.

Covid was March 2020

To achieve Dec2020. They would have started construction well before Covid. But they started construction only after initial occupancy date.
Tbh even in 2017 I knew Dec 2020 wasn’t gonna happen. Pre-con always is often at least 1 year delay.

Tbh even in 2017 I knew Dec 2020 wasn’t gonna happen. Pre-con always is often at least 1 year delay.
I understand that. But I never know they would start project work after first occupancy date. It is complete negligence from builder.

I understand that. But I never know they would start project work after first occupancy date. It is complete negligence from builder.
I do know they had lots of challenge with the soil. It was like too moist or something. They had to go through additional processes and receiving additional approvals. Which they didn’t know of until probably 2019/2020.

Right.

Have you reached out to Domenic and them letting them know of your finding and demanding answers? You seem very well informed, with your knowledge you may be able to get real answers.
We won’t get answers from them. They know what they are doing. I spoke with him multiple times. Every time same answer. Last time he got mad and he told that they are well with in legal side as well with the dates and if there any change in the occupancy date he would let us know. It seems like we could not do anything before outside occupancy . May be we could go to press after cancellation. That’s all we could do. If anyone here think otherwise. Please let me know, we could try.

We won’t get answers from them. They know what they are doing. I spoke with him multiple times. Every time same answer. Last time he got mad and he told that they are well with in legal side as well with the dates and if there any change in the occupancy date he would let us know. It seems like we could not do anything before outside occupancy . May be we could go to press after cancellation. That’s all we could do. If anyone here think otherwise. Please let me know, we could try.
Wow okay. Yeah I'm definitely with you, we should go to press on notice of cancellation. 100%.

Called they’re saying construction will be aimed to start again by the end of September and the project is still active.

Nice, great he even picked up. Did he provide any further details at all? Like cause for delay, what work will be started, new occupancy, etc?
Yeah, he picked up all my calls. I mainly had concerns regarding the status of the actual site. He confirmed that it was no way being cancelled. Didn’t ask anything else. They said they were about to recommence constructing very soon.

Back