Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

That's what I was afraid of. The original WVRST location is definitely not that. I would describe it as a perfect beer and sausage communal food hall experience.

The places in Union were designed to be food hall style establishments not somewhere you could take a family of 6 and eat a proper dinner like you would at Swiss Chalet.

These are places designed to grab a quick bite and have a place to eat it in that's it.

The bar stand is almost right at the property line, which feels almost as if it's in the hallway. That's great!

Menu...

Last picture is a picture of the the drink selection departure board style...
IMG_20181205_134031.jpg
IMG_20181205_134028.jpg
IMG_20181205_134020.jpg
IMG_20181205_105416.jpg

This is a much better addition than the original choice, a Burger Priest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't speak from experience, only opinion BUT the feel I get from Amano, Union Chicken and Wvrst is that they are small scale, glorified fast food outlets. The Bay on Queen has something similar in the basement in their Food Hall. At the Bay you basically have a Sbarro style restaurant.

The places in Union are not somewhere I would consider for a sit down meal while waiting for a train.

You should try them out. Having gone to both on a few occasions now they are certainly above glorified fast food and have a nice lively feel, especially Union Chicken. Very excited to try out Wvrst next!

The interweb remembers *everything* :p

Was there at the food court during lunch yesterday - it's busy, but not "get me out of here right now" busy. That may change as the complex opens up and suck up pent up demand for food options. Wait till CIBC arrive....

Get the fries. Do it.

Fried in duck fat....I am not a vegetarian but...

AoD

Last edited:
The interweb remembers *everything* :p

Was there at the food court during lunch yesterday - it's busy, but not "get me out of here right now" busy. That may change as the complex opens up and suck up pent up demand for food options. Wait till CIBC arrive....

Fried in duck fat....I am not a vegetarian but...

AoD
Duck fat is delicious.

CIBC will have its own mega food court :)

Back