Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
Union Station Revitalization 
75 Front St W, Toronto
Developer: City of Toronto, Metrolinx

Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Rasho

I can't speak from experience, only opinion BUT the feel I get from Amano, Union Chicken and Wvrst is that they are small scale, glorified fast food outlets. The Bay on Queen has something similar in the basement in their Food Hall. At the Bay you basically have a Sbarro style restaurant.

The places in Union are not somewhere I would consider for a sit down meal while waiting for a train.
You should try them out. Having gone to both on a few occasions now they are certainly above glorified fast food and have a nice lively feel, especially Union Chicken. Very excited to try out Wvrst next!

The interweb remembers *everything* :p

Was there at the food court during lunch yesterday - it's busy, but not "get me out of here right now" busy. That may change as the complex opens up and suck up pent up demand for food options. Wait till CIBC arrive....

Get the fries. Do it.
Fried in duck fat....I am not a vegetarian but...

AoD

Last edited:

Filip

The interweb remembers *everything* :p

Was there at the food court during lunch yesterday - it's busy, but not "get me out of here right now" busy. That may change as the complex opens up and suck up pent up demand for food options. Wait till CIBC arrive....

Fried in duck fat....I am not a vegetarian but...

AoD
Duck fat is delicious.

CIBC will have its own mega food court :)

Few if any probably even remember the statement anyways...

AoD
I did...and in the context of how short a time it was after I said it and how nice the place looks....we may as well laugh about it.

The really funny thing is that I thought about posting something about them for a few months (I really didn't get a sense they were opening) and, bam, right after I get around to it they go ahead and open!

Sitting here right now during a leafs game and it is surprisingly active. The crowd seems to be a miscalaneus crowd, ie. Not a sporting event only group.

Generally im impressed and once the portion below the via concourse opens with access to union square i think it will get busier...

MTown

Rabbit sausage, speck and raclette pretzel, duck fat fries and whatever the hell to drink.

Oh, Wvrst, I'm never catching my train again. That's OK, never change.

Can't wait to be down there tomorrow....and every weekend all winter.
You won't see me here, but you'll know where I am.

Noted. Framing for a door, or wall, has been built in the passage way that leads from the york concourse to union plaza. Right about where the escalators for platforms 24 and 25 are, and go staff were directing people to turn right for access to union subway station (through the via concourse?). So a) it appears they are preparing to close off this route some time soon, and open up another route somewhere hopefully. And b) they may be doing some behavioural training to get people used to this routing to union subway station vs the york concourse route in anticipation of the coming change.

I'm guessing the currently hoarded up portion of the union plaza acess tunnel opens up with a pathing through the via concourse opens up for the time being until the concourse below via opens up.

DSC

Noted. Framing for a door, or wall, has been built in the passage way that leads from the york concourse to union plaza. Right about where the escalators for platforms 24 and 25 are, and go staff were directing people to turn right for access to union subway station (through the via concourse?). So a) it appears they are preparing to close off this route some time soon, and open up another route somewhere hopefully. And b) they may be doing some behavioural training to get people used to this routing to union subway station vs the york concourse route in anticipation of the coming change.

I'm guessing the currently hoarded up portion of the union plaza acess tunnel opens up with a pathing through the via concourse opens up for the time being until the concourse below via opens up.
Someone posted a photo a few pages back.