Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Residents (and local businesses) have been told that more 'aesthetic' barriers are "coming" - but no sign of this, yet.
I certainly hope so. I found it so baffling that bollards were installed on Front at a width that easily allowed cars and trucks to pass through them thus totally undermining the point of the bollards in the first place.

The passageway with all the new food options (Wvrst, Danish Pastry House etc.) reminds me of Penn Station, but nicer.

The Front St Promenade, around the Danish pantry house, is an embarrassment.
Yes, it has taken a VERY long time to finish it off (in fact I have seen zero progress for about a year). No doubt we can blame Bondfield there is not much 'construction' to do (I think) but it would be good to get it painted .....

Dear Nanny State Dickheads,

Question: Can we please get rid of those shit concrete barriers around Union? Just shove in solid stainless steel bollards. Stop being cheap. Every time I'm out front having a smoke, I'm looking around, feeling like I'm in a PhotoShop war zone.

Cheapens the hell out of the feel of the street. Let's be real.

Yours truly,

Some Dude

The food courst sucks. Had dinner there the other day. It's like a next underground Financial District underground food court.

The only better thing was the security not giving a toss that I brought my own pint to add to my meal of Paramount's shittily small shawarma.

Lunch at Wvrst tomorrow. Man, Sunday chills at Union just took on a whole new meaning. Shout out to the 2005 massive!

I too think that we should just bite the cost and get it done and over with. If its such a security concern why are they taking their sweet time. Something as simple as a bollard with say with the City of Toronto logo imprinted would do, it might even get as iconic as Amsterdam's coat of arms bollards:
dsc04839.jpg

ct_amsterdam_amsterdammertjes_5_jpg.jpg

ni5g6KgV_400x400.jpeg

Or why not make a beefed up version of the iconic bike ring post?

I too think that we should just bite the cost and get it done and over with. If its such a security concern why are they taking their sweet time. Something as simple as a bollard with say with the City of Toronto logo imprinted would do, it might even get as iconic as Amsterdam's coat of arms bollards:
dsc04839.jpg

ct_amsterdam_amsterdammertjes_5_jpg.jpg

ni5g6KgV_400x400.jpeg

Or why not make a beefed up version of the iconic bike ring post?

You'll have to remember that for the Toronto Transportation Services, pedestrians (and transit for that matter) are second class to them. Generally an afterthought.

As phallic objects in the public realm go, I think ours is bigger than theirs! ;)

240px-Toronto_-_ON_-_Toronto_Harbourfront7.jpg

Image Credit: Wikipedia

Though it may not serve to the purpose of Jersey barriers in this form.......................but what about bollards in this shape?

Back