Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

The original tunnel between Union Station and the Royal York Hotel had to be closed due to the expanded Union subway station. I assume that precludes any new tunnel between the two buildings.
I do not think it HAD to be closed. Royal York apparently no longer wanted people having direct access to their basement. You can, of course, still reach Royal York Hotel through link at Royal Bank.

I’d like to see a tunnel underneath the Front West Moat that connects the Union Food Court with Royal York, while connecting with the NW PATH and the TTC (under Sir John A Macdonald Square).
I think they had best finish off what we currently have planned before proposing additional tunnels; in any case, making one under the Plaza or across Front would be very difficult as the subway is there.

Just noticed that they have finally returned to the east Front St Moat and are working on the last piece of stonework (at the west end of that moat). It looks like a small fix to me but ...
Once that is done I think they will be able to put up the final 3 or 4 'beams' and fully enclose that moat. Little by little!

This will be very convenient for the athletes and spectators attending the Pan Am Games.
One of the new shops is The Time Machine Shoppé with a demo portal directly connected to PanAm Games with 2-way traffic to increase the revenues of the Union Station Food Court. Look for the full-size DeLorean gimmick prop in the food court, and you'll see greeters leading you to enter the TARDIS booth where you can witness the Pan Am opening ceremonies (or any sporting event you wish to see of the full duration of the PanAm Games). Pedestrian traffic tranversing between 2015 and 2018 will be asked to sign a very strict legal waiver about avoiding temporal paradox situations.

Last edited:
Opening Soon...hoarding coming down. South escalator to the food court.
65A8D49A-6E9E-484F-82B3-59DC58E88F55.jpeg

Opening Soon...hoarding coming down. South escalator to the food court.View attachment 164454
So are they suggesting people go down, turn right, then right again, and then straight to Union Square, instead of just turning around? Or Was that sign installed wrongly on the south side instead of the north and they're suggesting that people go down to the food court then back up to get to the Scotiabank Arena from the south side?

One of the new shops is The Time Machine Shoppé with a demo portal directly connected to PanAm Games with 2-way traffic to increase the revenues of the Union Station Food Court. Look for the full-size DeLorean gimmick prop in the food court, and you'll see greeters leading you to enter the TARDIS booth where you can witness the Pan Am opening ceremonies (or any sporting event you wish to see of the full duration of the PanAm Games). Pedestrian traffic tranversing between 2015 and 2018 will be asked to sign a very strict legal waiver about avoiding temporal paradox situations.

Temporal Prime Directive be damned - can we just warn them not to award the second contract to Bondfield? :p

AoD

Last edited:
People really need to learn to be careful about putting dates in hashtags and other promo "stuff" This site still has #WVRSTUnion2018 and I am reasonably confident that this location is not opening in 2018 (if ever).

FWIW, I noticed a red lit 'WVRST' sign behind the hoarding. Also, the restaurant's website now mentions 'fall 2018' opening. I'm pretty confident it will open within the next few weeks.

FWIW, I noticed a red lit 'WVRST' sign behind the hoarding. Also, the restaurant's website now mentions 'fall 2018' opening. I'm pretty confident it will open within the next few weeks.
Well they are hiring for both locations so, perhaps, they can get open before they have to change the hashtag ;)

Back