Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

'Some straggling items' I think understates things just abit..........

Great Hall Lighting
Great Hall Ticket Boothes
Great Hall finishes (restoration incomplete)
Painting/other minor works in concourse
Mural in Moat

Project finished years late and significantly over budget, in part, but not wholly due to the bankruptcy of the original contrac
Yes, I saw online for the Union project that the main clock and displays plus the info booth in the Great Hall are still listed for eventual removal. It's not clear when or exactly what alternatives are envisioned.
Not looking forward to them disappearing -- though obviously they need replaced/upgraded.

Last edited:
Yesterday the transit youtuber RM Transit hosted a event in the great hall, though it probably wasn’t to the same scale as the concert or TTC event that you mentioned
Next Stop: Japan is on at Union from November 1 to 4 -- More info on X
1698953153045.jpeg

Yeah, the Italian place and the Thai place in the York Concourse closed a few weeks ago.
Scaccia and Bangkok Buri? What a shame. I used to love breakfast at the former -- before the Whatchamacallit -- and the cauliflower rice with curry at the latter.

Construction Notice
Bay Street Weekend Closure for Pedestrian Bridge Installation

Dear Neighbours,

Over the weekend of November 10 to 12, 2023, we will be installing a pedestrian bridge connecting Union Station and 141 Bay Street as part of our Phase II construction at CIBC SQUARE.

As a result, Bay Street between Front Street West and Lake Shore Boulevard West will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic beginning 7 pm on Friday, November 10, 2023 and remain closed through Saturday, November 11 and Sunday, November 12, reopening by 5:00 am on Monday, November 13.

We are working with the City of Toronto, Metrolinx and Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) to facilitate the closure to minimize disruption to the neighbourhood and ensure we can complete this work safely.

Once complete, this pedestrian bridge will connect 141 Bay Street directly into Union Station. It is one of several public realm improvements that are part of the 141 Bay Street development. Others include an elevated public park that bridges across the rail corridor connecting 141 Bay Street to Phase I of CIBC SQUARE (81 Bay Street), a second pedestrian bridge connecting across Yonge Street into Backstage Condominiums, and a fully renovated pedestrian laneway connecting Yonge Street and Bay Street.

We thank you in advance for your patience during this weekend closure. If you have any questions pleas reach out to us at community@CIBCSQUARE.com.

A Path extension west of Yonge Street south of Front. I hadn't realised that was part of this. Perhaps they will get to the market one day.

Are PATH extensions even a thing anymore? Besides the CBIC Square phase 2 is there any other extension currently proposed/under construction? I don’t think the new TD building or any of the new condos east of the CIBC towers will have the PATH built into them
IMG_4851.jpeg

Are PATH extensions even a thing anymore? Besides the CBIC Square phase 2 is there any other extension currently proposed/under construction? I don’t think the new TD building or any of the new condos east of the CIBC towers will have the PATH built into them View attachment 517661
The new TD building has a (new) link below Simcoe St into Simcoe Place, one day it will connect east as well when a suitable development happens. The Pinnacle buildings will be linked to PATH via CIBC Square. PATH connections are built as opportunities arise.

One thing that has really bothered me about Union Station is the lack of escalator access or even easily-visible elevator access between the Great Hall/UP Express level and the lower concourse level.

Try getting from the UP Express to the subway with heavy luggage without having to carry it downstairs.

The new TD building has a (new) link below Simcoe St into Simcoe Place, one day it will connect east as well when a suitable development happens. The Pinnacle buildings will be linked to PATH via CIBC Square. PATH connections are built as opportunities arise.

Sugar Wharf Phase 2 is also to be PATH connected via the Pinnacle Sky buildings.

Back