Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I’d love a New York Fries at Union. Union in general needs more classic fast food options, I appreciate all the speciality stuff but sometimes I just want quick fast food that’s kind of cheap (at least compared to some of the specialty food places at Union)

I’d love a New York Fries at Union. Union in general needs more classic fast food options, I appreciate all the speciality stuff but sometimes I just want quick fast food that’s kind of cheap (at least compared to some of the specialty food places at Union)
You can always open your own franchise: https://www.franchisehelp.com/franchises/new-york-fries/

People can wish for whatever businesses they like but the companies and franchisees have to be willing to spend the money and sign the leases. As well, the retail environment they were expecting when they built this expansion has been drastically altered, I don't expect they are turning down those fast food options but rather that those businesses don't feel opening down there will give them a good return.

Also, everything I said above applies the the Cinnabun fans...

I agree.

That was the good thing about the old Union Station. You had a Harveys in the Great Hall along with a McDonalds, DQ, Tims, Sushi Place, Mr Sub, Cinnabon, What-a-Bagel, Purdy's chocolate, Pretzel Shop and Second Cup in the Bay Concourse.

The above were all great quick eat options for those going to games. Further back, you also had a bunch of small little shops in the Skywalk.

I am all for making Union Station a destination but I cannot see myself sitting in Union Chicken, Wvrst, Amano, etc. If anything, I have used the York Food Court more than anything else.

I work in the towers, and those three restaurants actually do a pretty decent sit down lunch. But I'm not sure they're great for most of the people using Union Station as a travel hub. There are really tasty options in Union, but it doesn't trend to towards quick-to-eat or lower priced, that's for sure.

I agree.

That was the good thing about the old Union Station. You had a Harveys in the Great Hall along with a McDonalds, DQ, Tims, Sushi Place, Mr Sub, Cinnabon, What-a-Bagel, Purdy's chocolate, Pretzel Shop and Second Cup in the Bay Concourse.

The above were all great quick eat options for those going to games. Further back, you also had a bunch of small little shops in the Skywalk.

I am all for making Union Station a destination but I cannot see myself sitting in Union Chicken, Wvrst, Amano, etc. If anything, I have used the York Food Court more than anything else.
Wasn't there a pizza shop below that had a large slice and drink for ~$3 too? That seemed ridiculously cheap even when I used to work around there...

I’m interested in seeing what the second phase of the market will have in it.
I would really like to see is pop up stands in the middle of the wide corridors that we saw it in the concept art. They aren’t even playing music in that area anymore so the atmosphere is kind of dead, and something like this would bring more life to the area:
IMG_1728.jpeg
IMG_1647.jpeg
IMG_0553.jpeg

In earlier plans for this level there was mini booths dotted around the station (represented by yellow ovals in the diagram), currently Union Station has 2 in the Bay and York promenade, but they’re both unoccupied most of the time because they only host small pop-ups for companies that want to give out samples. More of those booths that instead feature permanent retailers would be nice:
IMG_9153.jpeg

Last edited:
A Michel's Baguette is what I believe you're referring to. Pizza, deli sandwiches and pastries like croissants, cakes and bread pudding. Yummy! Now to be found at the Commerce Court food court.. Until 5pm anyways.

Miss that place! It always gets me walking in from the TTC subway entrance into the old GO concourse - I am such easy prey, with absolutely zero resistance to baked goods at the end of the work day.

AoD

A Michel's Baguette is what I believe you're referring to. Pizza, deli sandwiches and pastries like croissants, cakes and bread pudding. Yummy! Now to be found at the Commerce Court food court.. Until 5pm anyways.
No this was just really big greasy pizza and pop kind of place, sometime in the mid 2000s.

Back