Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

The Union Station streetcar loop and Bay street tunnel may not leave enough space for a connecting tunnel on the east side without going underneath.
There probably wouldn’t be a connection tunnel, it would just be how it is now with the Teamway, but a full concourse.

You're right. I forgot about that. Maybe incorporate access to the streetcar loop somehow then?
1645839771679.png

There are plans for two connections to the Union and one to the Bay East Teamway. I'm sure they can add more connections whenever they get around to an eastern concourse, but as @DSC notes, they'd have to go through the fair paid area for that.

1645840123435.png

I also found these cross sections of the loop that the Union floor levels in relation to the loop.

View attachment 381962
There are plans for two connections to the Union and one to the Bay East Teamway. I'm sure they can add more connections whenever they get around to an eastern concourse, but as @DSC notes, they'd have to go through the fair paid area for that.

View attachment 381963
I also found these cross sections of the loop that the Union floor levels in relation to the loop.
What document is this from?

Has anyone else noticed the large amount of homeless people in the moat recently?

Every morning when I go to work there are always people sleeping on the catwalk, people sleeping on the stairs leading to Bay Street and people sleeping on the stairs leading to the York Street connection.

Had to be about 15 homeless people encamped with their belongings yesterday morning.

Nothing against the homeless but Union Station is not a homeless shelter.

Anyone here know who I can file a complaint with since security is useless?

Has anyone else noticed the large amount of homeless people in the moat recently?

Every morning when I go to work there are always people sleeping on the catwalk, people sleeping on the stairs leading to Bay Street and people sleeping on the stairs leading to the York Street connection.

Had to be about 15 homeless people encamped with their belongings yesterday morning.

Those areas are City property, I think, so you could email 311 or your Councillor.

Yes I have, along with in the West Wing on those benches near the black history exhibit. It makes me worried that the carriageway and the other moat that has yet to open will also be a spot where they hang out.

I don’t mind homeless inside transit stations when they’re minding their own business and don’t mess up the place or bother people, but the ones that hang out in the moats aren’t really doing either of those.

I saw security moving some on Tuesday evening. But there's definitely almost-always some. It shouldn't be that way with 24-hour security in the building, but somehow it is.

Back