Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

^I would say that this is something we could tell future kids about, but they'll most likely be seeing some form of construction happening at Union Station in the future anyways so that point is moot.

As I've said we are now at the point where we would have been beginning or at least discussing the next phase of capacity expansion at Union, and yet we have not even completed this phase.

As I've said we are now at the point where we would have been beginning or at least discussing the next phase of capacity expansion at Union, and yet we have not even completed this phase.
No, the second phase (south concourse) should have been completed by now. Or maybe, if the scope of both phases, increase concourse areas for phase 1 and improve vertical circulation and platform space for phase 2), then maybe things would work out differently.

No, the second phase (south concourse) should have been completed by now. Or maybe, if the scope of both phases, increase concourse areas for phase 1 and improve vertical circulation and platform space for phase 2), then maybe things would work out differently.

What I meant was that this entire project would be complete and another project would be in the planning or initial construction phases, this project could be double berthing at platforms, electrification, or even the proposed lower tracks for the Lakeshore line.

They took down the hoarding in the hall leading from Via to the Lower Great Hall and now the sun rains down from the skylight far above. It's so much nicer!

The skylight has been out for a long time

Yes, you're correct, but until Saturday night/Sunday morning, it was only visible from the ramp from Via to the Great Hall. Overnight, they removed the hoarding on the lower paths from Via to the Lower Great Hall and now the sunlight reaches down to the lower levels of the Via concourse/Great Hall.

The NorthWest section of the Most is totally covered and the centre front moat section appears close to opening.
Yes, the west part of the Front Street moat is looking good, the floor is mostly done (granite tiling) and the lights are being installed. The area that is below the Front Street sidewalk is visible but unfinished, I am unclear as to what will go there but .... The centre section (linking the east and west moats) is certainly moving along too and guys were working there today but I do not expect to see it actually open for a while yet. They have rearranged the ramp at the east end of it - at TTC entrance - so they can work in that area too.

20190604_122454.jpg
20190604_122517.jpg
20190604_122532.jpg
20190604_122540.jpg
20190604_122551.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These pics follow several posts about the west Front moat so I think you might realise which it is PLUS it does not have the stairs that are in the east Front moat.

Back