Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

This pretty much confirms that they will divert people to the York Street entrance from the subway rather than the Leather Shop Bypass. It makes sense given that the Leather Shop Bypass and the surround section of the station need to be worked on eventually.
Yes, they seem to be working (on 'finishing touches?) to the tunnel that runs below Sir John A Plaza from the subway exit area to the West Front Moat area. If people were able to go this way it would free up work-space at the By-Pass.

Yes, they seem to be working (on 'finishing touches?) to the tunnel that runs below Sir John A Plaza from the subway exit area to the West Front Moat area. If people were able to go this way it would free up work-space at the By-Pass.

Anyone know how complete the moat is adjacent to Bay Street (The currently walled off section)? At some point they will need to work on the currently open section of the moat and I doubt they can funnel all the pedestrian traffic through one set of doors into the station.

Anyone know how complete the moat is adjacent to Bay Street (The currently walled off section)? At some point they will need to work on the currently open section of the moat and I doubt they can funnel all the pedestrian traffic through one set of doors into the station.
I’d say it would be better to close it off completely and make people go outside to enter the subway station.

I’d say it would be better to close it off completely and make people go outside to enter the subway station.

Not doable. The Western Staircase goes from Ground to the Station via the moat. I believe Fire Code would prohibit funneling that many people through one entrance.

Realistically you would have to close it rather than leave only one entrance/exit open given passenger traffic.

Sneak peaks through hoardings to the Bay Concourse,

F0C4E15E-D995-4CD3-A7CE-A41A204514D2.jpeg
58B73D31-3DEC-4034-B5AC-CEF895994ADE.jpeg

Attachments

• F0C4E15E-D995-4CD3-A7CE-A41A204514D2.jpeg
    F0C4E15E-D995-4CD3-A7CE-A41A204514D2.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 647
  • 58B73D31-3DEC-4034-B5AC-CEF895994ADE.jpeg
    58B73D31-3DEC-4034-B5AC-CEF895994ADE.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 588
I now think enough of Bay Concourse is built that they can simply detour through a quarter-section of it through approximately eight sets of doors. That's might be how they will shut down the west edge of Bay+Front moat, methinks.

I now think enough of Bay Concourse is built that they can simply detour through a quarter-section of it through approximately eight sets of doors. That's might be how they will shut down the west edge of Bay+Front moat, methinks.
.... and maybe also route some people from TTC through the walkway below the Sir John A Macdonald plaza towards to York Concourse. This walkway seems to be being worked on again and the plywood barrier in the west Front Moat area makes me think they will be opening part of it soon too.

.... and maybe also route some people from TTC through the walkway below the Sir John A Macdonald plaza towards to York Concourse. This walkway seems to be being worked on again and the plywood barrier in the west Front Moat area makes me think they will be opening part of it soon too.

They really need to communicate better to the public and give expectations as to what the plans are.

AoD

Fingers crossed. It would be great to walk through that area. York concourse gets pretty crowded at rush hour and having an alternate route through the building would be welcomed.

Not doable. The Western Staircase goes from Ground to the Station via the moat. I believe Fire Code would prohibit funneling that many people through one entrance.

Realistically you would have to close it rather than leave only one entrance/exit open given passenger traffic.
I mean closing off the south and west exits and making everyone use the east or north exits.

For those of you who were panicing and hyperventilating about the ACC signage a week or so ago, you will be pleased to hear that they removed it today. Interestingly, the lettering is simply stuck onto the metal sign backing and seemed very (too?) easy to peel off. Not sure if they have put it back with the correct name stuck on yet but ...
acc.png

Attachments

• acc.png
    acc.png
    497.1 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
For those of you who were panicing and hyperventilating about the ACC signage a week or so ago, you will be pleased to hear that they removed it today. Interestingly, the lettering is simply stuck onto the metal sign backing and seemed very (too?) easy to peel off. Not sure if they have put it back with the correct name stuck on yet but ...
View attachment 161687
Is the new food court going to include some sort of walkway to the entrance to the Scotiabank arena?

Back