Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Just walked past Union and realised that the clock-face that was being commented on last week is same as on outside clock.
exterior.png
interior.png

Attachments

• exterior.png
    exterior.png
    429.7 KB · Views: 477
  • interior.png
    interior.png
    152.6 KB · Views: 457
see above....once people go through the doors of the arena for the events....you are left with an empty food court for hours....paying staff and incurring other operating costs/risks with no business at all.....hoping that when people come out of the event they don't head straight for their train but, instead, stop for something to eat?

If nothing else I think they would keep the food court open for the start of events and close about an hour later. No sense in remaining open until after the events given that people want to just go home at that point.

To that end.. given the eventual connectivity to various parts of Union via the lower concourse, will there still be access or will it be barricaded off like they do at RBC Plaza (they rope off the escalators after the food court closes)?

If nothing else I think they would keep the food court open for the start of events and close about an hour later. No sense in remaining open until after the events given that people want to just go home at that point.

To that end.. given the eventual connectivity to various parts of Union via the lower concourse, will there still be access or will it be barricaded off like they do at RBC Plaza (they rope off the escalators after the food court closes)?
We need to remember that these are businesses who hope (expect) to make a profit. If it is worthwhile opening later they will and it makes more sense to start with what seem quite short hours and then extend them based on "popular demand". (Certainly better than starting off with long hours and reducing them.)

Meantime, in the York moat, half of the glass panels have been installed.
Also, noticed a couple of guys working on removing plywood that was covering the doors next to the temp Timmy's. Another sign the temporary Front moat passage will open soon.

In the VIA concourse, they've started working on the gate portals (for a lack of a better term):
20181023_122921.jpg
20181023_122855.jpg

Attachments

• 20181023_122921.jpg
    20181023_122921.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 441
  • 20181023_122855.jpg
    20181023_122855.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 435
"Cinnabon" is a franchise operation. You could open a franchise in Union Station if you have the money available, and there isn't already someone lined up.
Cinnabon needs to return to union station it just does. Union station isn’t union station without it. Even though I never really had Cinnabon the smell reminds me of union station.

I bet in order for them to finish the bay concourse they will redirect pedestrian traffic into the moat so they can close off the Bay Street Promenade route to fit the area out

Back