Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Nice, new easier-to-read electronic screens replacing old yellow dot matrix.

Death to all scrollers - being able to see the ENTIRE list of stops will make catching a Lakshore Weat easier.

There are many different Lakeshore West stopping sequences!

- Allstop to Aldershot
- Express to Clarkson, allstop to Aldershot
- Express to Clarkson, allstop to Hamilton Downtown
- Express to Oakville, allstop to Hamilton Downtown
- Express to Clarkson, allstop to West Harbour
- Niagara Seasonal (semi express)
- Exhibition Specials
- CanPa Detour Trains (Each with different stop sequences)

Infoboards must be designed carefully on this to make it easy-glance information. If they screw up the first time around, at least it's just a software upgrade to redesign layout and colors....

Worth rereading an earlier ost of mine about infoboard design ideas:
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ty-of-toronto-norr.4308/page-225#post-1140623

----

Don't forget platform entrance signage.

I hereby propose this doorway video signage, flexible enough to accommodate VIA & GO, as well as enough on-screen to indicate special trains (e.g. BLUE JAYS, NUIT BLANCHE, SUPERCRAWL, etc) with a new "special train" descriptor field. Here's a concept of the Future.

(And adding a cameo of a theoretical super-express weekday peak GO train of the year 2025):

View attachment 83343

Before:
View attachment 83344
(Credit: jimmywuphotography on flickr)

After:
View attachment 83345

I second that you should ask to meet with Metrolinx about this, I'm sure it would be a huge help to you as a deafie after all!

wayfinding signage going up in the food court. who can spot the mistake in the first photo?

20181005_130940.jpg
20181005_131108.jpg

Attachments

• 20181005_130940.jpg
    20181005_130940.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 908
  • 20181005_131108.jpg
    20181005_131108.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 803
  • 20181005_131158.jpg
    20181005_131158.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 350
I second that you should ask to meet with Metrolinx about this, I'm sure it would be a huge help to you as a deafie after all!
I already "met" Metrolinx on this - I gave them these images during the Hamilton consulation of Metrolinx 2041 at the Hamilton Public Library last year.

Hopefully they heed something similiar... in thought.

Suggest it to Metrolinx instead of posting it on a public forum where they won't see it.
Ugh, yet again.

I said 3 times in the last year I already did

Now thank me for posting useful discussion. ;)
(Or go back and sheepishly click the "Like" button, ha)

And not only I met Metrolinx accessibility contacts in person, I also emailed copies of these emails to Anne Marie Aikens who forwarded it to the rest of her team.

Last edited:
I noticed today that they seem to be erecting a plywood partition in middle of the west Front Moat. (Running east to west), A bit hard to see but they may be planning to open half of it? (I think the half nearest station buikding.) It may be easier to see at night if the lights are on so if someone is there.....
Update. Yes, they are clearly creating a new pedestrian walkway inside west Front Moat from the PATH entrance going to CITI Place towards Bay.

I also saw a new sign to Bay Concourse in the passageway on east side of the VIA concourse.

This was know for over a year now that the name would change in early summer. I bet it was within that year the sign was made, there is no point making a sign 3 years in advance for a construction project. Especially in a city like Toronto which changes constantly.

This was know for over a year now that the name would change in early summer. I bet it was within that year the sign was made, there is no point making a sign 3 years in advance for a construction project. Especially in a city like Toronto which changes constantly.
Whether the ACC sign is freshly made or was in storage for 2 years is really not important. The cost of changing it is absolutely MINISCULE in the costs of upgrading Union Station. Time to move on!

wayfinding signage going up in the food court. who can spot the mistake in the first photo?

View attachment 159503

Not only do I see a mistake, I see the striking of a commission of inquiry, a 14-month delay, a triple-embedded legal dispute and a union grievance to-boot.

All of which will terminate in Mikey Ford becoming Mayor and turning Union into a 'This Continent's Best' pool hall staffed by Mammo.

Not only do I see a mistake, I see the striking of a commission of inquiry, a 14-month delay, a triple-embedded legal dispute and a union grievance to-boot.

All of which will terminate in Mikey Ford becoming Mayor and turning Union into a 'This Continent's Best' pool hall staffed by Mammo.
lol! But what about the coke line by coke line audit?

Back