Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

The intent, in the post-collector world was to have 'control centres' every few stations with the cameras from other stations being monitored at these locations. I don't recall the ratio of control ctrs to stations or a list of which stations were getting this installed.

Most of the concrete for the new 'overhead' walkway inside the East Front Moat has now been poured - just the final section at the west end remains to be done. The walkway still looks rather narrow to me but I guess not that many people will use it as it is really to serve people NOT going to TTC station.

I wonder how much longer it will be before they close the East Moat for reconstruction. I was passing through there earlier and maybe it is just me but I find it to be more and more cordoned off every day.

I wonder how much longer it will be before they close the East Moat for reconstruction. I was passing through there earlier and maybe it is just me but I find it to be more and more cordoned off every day.
I think they will open the West Front Moat first but you are right that, sooner than later, they will have to close (at least) the west end of the East Moat to install the last section of the roof and build the rest of the staircase. I will be surprised if they close the whole of the East Moat at the same time as it is really the main entrance to the subway station.

I think they will open the West Front Moat first but you are right that, sooner than later, they will have to close (at least) the west end of the East Moat to install the last section of the roof and build the rest of the staircase. I will be surprised if they close the whole of the East Moat at the same time as it is really the main entrance to the subway station.

There are doors installed at the east end of the east moat with a separated entrance, separate from the current entrance by hoarding. You actually have to back into the station and walk out the other door to get around the hoarding.

The outdoor market looks to be set up and may have been open for a while now. Was closed when I was by, but noticed some of the retailers are ones with present or future locations at union station. Ex. Roy Rogers. Someone should ask them when they'll be open in the union food court!

The outdoor market looks to be set up and may have been open for a while now. Was closed when I was by, but noticed some of the retailers are ones with present or future locations at union station. Ex. Roy Rogers. Someone should ask them when they'll be open in the union food court!
It was open and packed at about noon today. Wurst was there along with Roywoods and lots more.

Nice sign, but kind of a bit late.
F3D433DF-44C4-466D-9533-A98ED2E47F55.jpeg

Attachments

• F3D433DF-44C4-466D-9533-A98ED2E47F55.jpeg
    F3D433DF-44C4-466D-9533-A98ED2E47F55.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 684
Judging by the doors I'd have to say Track 1. The doors haven't been changed there since 1927.
On Platform 3? If so, that sign was there in at least March, when I foolishly tried to use Platform 3 from Bay Street to get to the VIA departures area faster! Presumably longer, as I hadn't walked down Platform 3 for a year or two at that time.

Executive Committee consideration on July 17, 2018
EX36.13
ACTION

Ward:28

Framework for the Implementation of Metrolinx's Union Station Enhancement Project, Package 1
Origin

(June 29, 2018) Report from the Director, Real Estate Services
Summary
This is to advise that the Director, Real Estate Services will be providing the report to the July 17, 2018, meeting of the Executive Committee. Additional time has been required to complete consultations.

Background Information
(June 29, 2018) Report from the Director, Real Estate Services on Framework for the Implementation of Metrolinx's Union Station Enhancement Project, Package 1 - Notice of Pending Report
(http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-118128.pdf)

Back