Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I'm mostly an observer here as I'm not around Union much any more these days. I was wondering if anyone has thought of using YouTube in their posts, because I haven't seen anyone use it here and this would be a good thread for that. Uploading videos to YT shouldn't be any more difficult than uploading pictures directly here.

The videos don't need to be embedded. Once a video is uploaded to YT, copy and paste the URL in a post here and there's the hyperlink to the video. If you set it to public, anyone would be able to see it on YT; or set it to unlisted and only people with the link can see it. The private setting is for sharing with specific people by email. (I hope I got that right.) Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
I'm mostly an observer here as I'm not around Union much any more these days. I was wondering if anyone has thought of using YouTube in their posts, because I haven't seen anyone use it here and this would be a good thread for that. Uploading videos to YT shouldn't be any more difficult than uploading pictures directly here.

The videos don't need to be embedded. Once a video is uploaded to YT, copy and paste the URL in a post here and there's the hyperlink to the video. If you set it to public, anyone would be able to see it on YT; or set it to private and only people with the hyperlink can see it. Just a suggestion.
So like a Union Station Construction Tour?

Saw them working tonight
20180530_214721.jpg
20180530_214659.jpg

Attachments

• 20180530_214721.jpg
    20180530_214721.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 497
  • 20180530_214659.jpg
    20180530_214659.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 498
Last edited by a moderator:
So like a Union Station Construction Tour?
I wasn't really requesting a Union Station construction tour video, although that is a very good idea. IMO, at the least, there are times when even a short video clip might serve a poster's purpose better than a verbal description and/or a few pictures. It would probably make it easier to see Union Station more cohesively as a whole.

Not sure if anyone has reported it yet but the new VIA arrival & departure screens over their ticket booths were working on Friday (or a couple of them were). I assume that when the Information desk and clock get redone they will no longer have this info above them. (The new screens are shown in this Dec 2017 pic from @interchange42.
union2.JPG

Attachments

• union2.JPG
    union2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 729
Not sure if anyone has reported it yet but the new VIA arrival & departure screens over their ticket booths were working on Friday (or a couple of them were). I assume that when the Information desk and clock get redone they will no longer have this info above them. (The new screens are shown in this Dec 2017 pic from @interchange42.
View attachment 145769

Personally I find the sign over the info booth overbearing. What we need is LSD signage, it's expensive but you can see things alot clearer.

What we need is LSD signage, it's expensive but you can see things a lot clearer.
Yeah....
Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes
Cellophane flowers of yellow and green
Towering over your head
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes
And she's gone

Yeah....
Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes
Cellophane flowers of yellow and green
Towering over your head
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes
And she's gone

Just listened to that song last night <3

Another one bites dust while a Phoenix rises from the ashes.

20180604_061949.jpg
20180604_061923.jpg

Attachments

• 20180604_061949.jpg
    20180604_061949.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 729
  • 20180604_061923.jpg
    20180604_061923.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 709
It will be nice to finally have a proper convenience store other than the INS in the York Concourse. Despite it being buried away it is better than the makeshift stores to left and right of the departures ramp or the newsstand in the arrivals area.

Back