Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

New vantage.

5B14B453-7B8B-4B59-B0A9-8BDFBD7E7928.jpeg

Attachments

• 5B14B453-7B8B-4B59-B0A9-8BDFBD7E7928.jpeg
    5B14B453-7B8B-4B59-B0A9-8BDFBD7E7928.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 749
Good shot! Though I like the idea of the walkway to allow people NOT going to TTC to avoid stairs down and up again I must say the walkway seems terribly narrow. It will not get huge traffic, I suspect, but ......

Good shot! Though I like the idea of the walkway to allow people NOT going to TTC to avoid stairs down and up again I must say the walkway seems terribly narrow. It will not get huge traffic, I suspect, but ......
I don't think that this is its final width. It needs to get wider in order for a railing on the edge.

Unfortunately something has to give - widening that walkway will translate into the moat getting chopped up visually even more. Also this won't be the only E-W route available.

AoD

Unfortunately something has to give - widening that walkway will translate into the moat getting chopped up visually even more. Also this won't be the only E-W route available.

AoD
Agreed, the space is limited and one certainly does not want to (or need to) create a 'second level' in the moat but it DOES seem very narrow - particularly with the huge columns. We shall see.

I don't think that this is its final width. It needs to get wider in order for a railing on the edge.

Agreed, the space is limited and one certainly does not want to (or need to) create a 'second level' in the moat but it DOES seem very narrow - particularly with the huge columns. We shall see.

Yeah, there's no way that's AODA compliant.

I noticed today that the contractors have moved all their junk off the central part of the 'plaza' (beside the clock) in front of Union. Good to have that area returned (permanently?) for public use.

I noticed today that the contractors have moved all their junk off the central part of the 'plaza' (beside the clock) in front of Union. Good to have that area returned (permanently?) for public use.
Yes, Union Summer Market is returning this year and they need the space for it

^ So will that platform become a walkway? Where will it end in the east?
It will allow people walking through the currently accessible lower level of the main Union Station Building who want to get to Bay Street but do NOT want to go to subway to do so on a level (if narrow) pathway.

Last edited:

Back