Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Is there plans to Reno the via concourse in the same fashion as York and bay? Sorry I couldn't find anything about it
They are currently working on the new gyproc ceilings and walls in VIA concourse (having done the electrics etc) behind/above them and most of the terrazzo floors have been fixed (if not yet received their final polish). I think they managed to raise the ceilings a bit but there are limits when the concrete ceiling slab cannot be moved and the floor is also fixed as it's the roof of the newly excavated areas below. It will certainly look better.

What's going on with the lower level of York concourse? They just put barriers at the bottoms of the escalators last weekend. Why would they bother doing that... unless they'll be opening the stairs soon?

April 27th:

IMG_1153.JPG
IMG_1155.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1153.JPG
    IMG_1153.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 261
What's going on with the lower level of York concourse? They just put barriers at the bottoms of the escalators last weekend. Why would they bother doing that... unless they'll be opening the stairs soon?
They are putting up drywall in front of the original hoarding just like across from Tim Horton's.Looks like they are building the shop skeletons now.

Don't forget iron grilles and castle towers at the corners. And arrowslits in the walls!

That said, I think they've already improved drainage? (I hope)

They started installing the support columns today in the west moat for the roofing cover but had to stop after 4 were up because of rain. The arches would have been put up,as I saw them the ground.

Yup, here is a pic I took on my way home tonight.

20170516_195502_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20170516_195502_resized.jpg
    20170516_195502_resized.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 415

Back