Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

And that's all for now. I leave you with this. Spotted in Union, the biggest cockroach I have ever seen in Canada!

View attachment 75745

AAAAAAGHGHHHH! I have seen only one in my life. And it was dead. I am not surprised there are some down there. When we finally blow up the planet with our nuclear bombs they will be what survives the holocaust.
Other than the roach, a fascinating photo tour! Thanks you!

Just an amazing set of posts, @tnarduzzi. Thank-you for all the time you spent on that!

Mood lighting

Interesting note, the strip-lighting around the inside edge of the ceiling coffer is on sensors and activates automatically as occupants move throughout the concourse areas.

Lower concourse, as strip lighting begins to activate (looking south)
View attachment 75724

Lower concourse prior to strip-lighting activating (looking north)
View attachment 75725

Now I can see why nothing has opened. The fast food spaces while complete have not yet been outfitted for the stores that are going in. That could take awhile. As for the east wing, I saw them moving stuff out last week via the Front Street entrance. It will be rather wonderful to have the ability to walk from Bay to York through Union.

The Bay Concourse seems to be coming along well. They seem to have perfected the art of cutting and pasting pillars. Here is to hoping they remain on track.

Not surprised about the Cockroaches but at the same time.. I wonder how far they have penetrated into the station. Who knows.. Union Station Cockroaches may be hitching a ride on the Canadian!

Back