Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

I am sure it is .......hopefully they are not moving passengers all the way to the Bay bus terminal and are, instead, loading them on Station Street just below the UP station.

And I wonder what/if passengers are being charged. I would be upset if I got to the station and had to pay $19 or $27 for a bus to the airport. Also wonder what the frequency of buses is.

The Georgetown GO service is moving normally. If this disruption is continuing - which I doubt based on recent UPE tweets. Did CBC get wrong end of stick? I'm not seeing an official announcement here.

It literally just got restored as per their website:

SERVICE ALERT:
Train service between UP Express Union Station and Pearson Airport has been restored. The next train to Union will leave Pearson Airport at 12:12 and the next train to Pearson Airport will leave Union at 12:00. For more details click here.

I don't know why we are so clueless about wayfinding and signage here in Toronto. From TTC to Metrolinx, all clueless.

Its because Metrolinx/TTC etc all hire branding agencies where they have creative directors and strict policies on how things are to look. I've worked with these people: signs to them are ugly and an eye-sore, and everything is about making things look pretty and fancy. They constantly battle to remove as much signage as possible so that their precious brand stays clean and intact.

Form over Function.

That's the problem at Union - meaning they used the UPE letters and symbols anywhere, rather than any of the words "Union", Pearson", "Airport", "Express", and "Train", or the airport symbol.

I haven't seen that done at Pearson, where the signage in the terminal seemed to be simple and clear.

Its because Metrolinx/TTC etc all hire branding agencies where they have creative directors and strict policies on how things are to look. I've worked with these people: signs to them are ugly and an eye-sore, and everything is about making things look pretty and fancy. They constantly battle to remove as much signage as possible so that their precious brand stays clean and intact.

Form over Function.
Ya they are more concerned about displaying their brands than having useful signage to direct their customers. Look at Weston station. They have the UP Express logo all over the place but you don't see any signs indicating that you have a train which goes to the airport.

That's the problem at Union - meaning they used the UPE letters and symbols anywhere, rather than any of the words "Union", Pearson", "Airport", "Express", and "Train", or the airport symbol.

I haven't seen that done at Pearson, where the signage in the terminal seemed to be simple and clear.
Doesn't get much clearer than "Trains to City" (at T1) or "Trains" (at T3)

Whose to say they didn't, and then deleted it afterwards?

Though with only 18 minutes between the first report of this, and the restoration of service, was it really anything more than a 30-minute gap?

Though with only 18 minutes between the first report of this, and the restoration of service, was it really anything more than a 30-minute gap?

They didn't post anything. I have been checking my facebook all day, nothing came up in my feed about a delay, They posted on twitter that service was temporarily suspended and has now resumed.

The first report was actually well before 11. A user reported that their train had stopped at 10:57 am, saying the train stopped moving, and it had been a 45 minute trip so far. At 11, they responded announcing there were issues. It wasn't until 11:14am that the media picked up on it, with 680 News reporting that service was suspended. So 1 hour of no service, and nearly an hour of problems but no reports of problems.

Last edited:

Back