Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

If they are doing excavation Testing on April 11 & 28, service will follow after a review is done on it. How can you run something that has a flaw in or doesn't work as supposed to???

Mid May start of service.

Keep in mind, April 26 is full day service and they need to see how it works with regular service. They have yet to run 15 minute service from 8 pm to 3 am let alone the 7-7 plan for later this month.

More important, how many tracks will be in service south of Dundas??? There is still only 3 tracks in service at King St as of 10 am today with a 4th going in. Track 1 has equipment sitting on it at King and that track is out of service for the Barrie line.

You put this service in before there track capacity and screw up GO service, hell will break-out by everyone and saying we want our money back at a greater cost to the system.

Drum118,

you recently posted some videos of 6-car GO Trains on the Kitchener line.

Just wondering why they are using some 6-car trains on the line?

Drum118,

you recently posted some videos of 6-car GO Trains on the Kitchener line.

Just wondering why they are using some 6-car trains on the line?

Lack of ridership and the stations platforms are only 6 cars long at this time. Due to construction, only haft of the 12+UPX platforms are in service.

The train is only coming from/to Bramalea Station.

Once everything is done, supposed to go back to being 12 cars. A clear case for not doing it if the ridership is not there in the first place.

I am loathe to continue a Spadina discussion in this thread but.....

....isn't the 196 a route that runs from York U to Downsview station? If that is right, then I have no idea why someone looking at a bus route that only covers that territory and carries 6 million ppl/yr would then say that a subway covering the same route faster and going north from York would only carry 5 million/yr.

All of the people now on the 196 (which would be, I think, mostly students at york) would be on the subway and it would pick up:

1. more students coming from the north
2. all of the riders to York on Brampton Transit who's buses will no longer go directly into the campus but will connect to the subway
3. non-student commuters who's destination is not York.

5 million, in that light, seems like an intentionally low number to support some thesis/agenda.

Thanks that's helpful. Yes, my Spadina numbers may be wrong with and they definitely are meant to support a thesis: that UPE is the only line expected to cover its capital costs, and that's absurd and unfair to Toronto residents.

The TTC YT agreement seems to me based on an estimated average ridership of 10 million per year. Even using the very high 20 million per year mentioned elsewhere above, the total cost per ride on SSE is $10 per ride. Folks in Vaughan should not pay that, anymore than somebody getting off UPE at Weston should pay $19 (or $22 with a transfer)

On the 196 I was confused there, I meant what will happen to the Brampton transit riders, will they pay a double fare to transfer to subway?

The post above mine is "Sorry if that came out sounding wrong, I apologize. ...". Why are you talking in riddles?

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to be unclear. I meant that you seem to be a troll who asks questions only to win debating points and belittle people, never to learn or exchange information. What a pity, because you seem to know a lot and you'd be worth talking to if you weren't such a bully.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to be unclear. I meant that you seem to be a troll who asks questions only to win debating points and belittle people, never to learn or exchange information. What a pity, because you seem to know a lot and you'd be worth talking to if you weren't such a bully.
You make completely baseless comments about Spadina extension ridership that is not only much less than half the existing number of subway passengers arriving/leaving Downsview station, but even lower than the existing 196 York Rocket. And then when challenged on the numbers, instead of saying ... oops, I guess my number is way too low ... you attack the person who documented that you were pulling it out of your imagination by calling them a troll and a bully?

Look in a mirror buddy ...

If the start running full service on April 28th, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it without customers for 2-3 days anyway, just to make sure it's running smoothly. If that April 28th test date is correct, I'd expect they target a launch date within a few days of that. If.

They're going to start running some variation of an all-day, full schedule without any passengers around the 15th of April. And they are certainly planning on running them for more than 2 or 3 days.

Lack of ridership and the stations platforms are only 6 cars long at this time. Due to construction, only haft of the 12+UPX platforms are in service.

Once everything is done, supposed to go back to being 12 cars. A clear case for not doing it if the ridership is not there in the first place.

Ridership on that run is not the main reason why it's only a 6-car train.

The original schedule had the 9.40 train from Bramalea coming from the 7.16 Lincolnville train, deadheading from Union at 8.35am. Because of all of the construction work along the line, this train would regularly run quite late.

What they started doing in February was put together an additional 6-car trainset, and run that train out to Bramalea and park it shortly after the 5.54 Bramalea and 5.55 Mount Pleasant trains deadhead north in the morning at about 5.00am. Because there was a bit of a shortage of equipment (with all of the Series V cars being sent out for refurbishment), and because they are only running it on the one trip every day, they only made this train a 6-car trainset.

This trainset will likely stop running and revert to the previous arrangement with the new schedules starting at the end of June.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

To be fair, the 6 car train is only the 9:40 train out of Bramalea eastbound in the morning. It is a bit of an "orphan" train with no easily identifiable return trip to match it to. All the other trains on the KW line continue to operate with 10 car sets and get very good usage.

Thanks that's helpful. Yes, my Spadina numbers may be wrong with and they definitely are meant to support a thesis: that UPE is the only line expected to cover its capital costs, and that's absurd and unfair to Toronto residents.

The TTC YT agreement seems to me based on an estimated average ridership of 10 million per year. Even using the very high 20 million per year mentioned elsewhere above, the total cost per ride on SSE is $10 per ride. Folks in Vaughan should not pay that, anymore than somebody getting off UPE at Weston should pay $19 (or $22 with a transfer)

On the 196 I was confused there, I meant what will happen to the Brampton transit riders, will they pay a double fare to transfer to subway?

And people using UPe as a commuter service (which, BTW, was never the intended purpose of the line) by getting off at Weston will not pay $19.

And people using UPe as a commuter service (which, BTW, was never the intended purpose of the line) by getting off at Weston will not pay $19.

We just bought a house in Weston, 10 minute walk from the station. I'll be GO commuting downtown, but if I go to a Jays game or have a few drinks after work, I'll be paying $15.20 to ride UP to Weston with Presto. Much cheaper than a cab and about a third the time of the TTC. I'll make that tradeoff for infrequent trips.

With it being the first line electrified, I'm banking on it being the first RER line as well (or tied for Lakeshore West for the first), or perhaps all-day 2-way service in advance of electrification.

We just bought a house in Weston, 10 minute walk from the station. I'll be GO commuting downtown, but if I go to a Jays game or have a few drinks after work, I'll be paying $15.20 to ride UP to Weston with Presto. Much cheaper than a cab and about a third the time of the TTC. I'll make that tradeoff for infrequent trips.

With it being the first line electrified, I'm banking on it being the first RER line as well (or tied for Lakeshore West for the first), or perhaps all-day 2-way service in advance of electrification.

Currently, the Union to Weston GO train's last schedule departure from Union is at 6:50 PM. Arriving at Weston at 7:09 PM. Hopefully, when all is completed, the GO trains to Weston will have better service.

{{citation needed}}

Metrolinx has been very explicit in the purpose of the new track work they are doing on the two lines, in the announcements they have straight up said that the new track is to allow for all day service in at least an hourly capacity. Considering the track work is supposed to finish up by 2017, I would presume that is when they will be introducing the new trains.

Back