Toronto Union Centre | 298m | 54s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

I wish they could have redeveloped the entire block with something even more daring - there aren't all that many redevelopable sites this close to Union Station.

AoD

We don't really know what this 46-storey version looks like though. Maybe—if we're lucky—it will be a little more adventurous that the previous vision.

Previous version...

20130206-SkyWalk-Tower.jpg

Attachments

• 20130206-SkyWalk-Tower.jpg
    20130206-SkyWalk-Tower.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,532
I randomly found this image when searching for any updates regarding this project. It looks as if the elevated plaza remains the same, but the office tower appears to have gone through another redesign - the building is moving away from the standard box and going towards a slightly rounded shape. The eastern elevation is reminding me of the design of the upcoming Delta Hotel in Southcore. The website also lists that the building will now be 40 floors instead of 46 floors like before.

1.jpg

Source: http://www.altusinsite.com/index_en.php?page=searchengine&searchby=by_cont_id&contact=27120

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,459
Love the supple curve, walkway to the tower and the rising podium to it. Deeply unexcited about the 'mirror of Delta' flange and the blue-grey glass.
Hey - architects out there! How about white-painted steel (Farnsworth House, Pepsi Building), Bronze (Seagram Building), Black/Bronze (TD Centre), Gold (Royal Bank Plaza), White Frit Glass...throw us a bone here, folks!

Something is brewing here but not much information:confused:

171 FRONT ST W
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status

Site Plan Approval 14 122781 STE 20 SA Feb 27, 2014 Under Review

OPA & Rezoning 14 122777 STE 20 OZ Feb 27, 2014 Under Review

Was over at the Toronto Golf Show at the MTCC on Friday afternoon and I noticed the East Side Marios at this location has closed down now.

Something is brewing here but not much information:confused:

171 FRONT ST W
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status

Site Plan Approval 14 122781 STE 20 SA Feb 27, 2014 Under Review

OPA & Rezoning 14 122777 STE 20 OZ Feb 27, 2014 Under Review

The database is usually updated a few days after the initial entity. Any news yet?

Back