Toronto Union Centre | 298m | 54s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

It certainly isn't 36 any more, the last render we saw is the current version I think. This is a very big office building that is flying completely under the radar.

I'll go on record as saying…

that Allied REIT calls it a 47-storey tower, so that 48th storey is probably mechanical, and that we are working on a story now. Updating the thread title.

Why the York street address? its sort of pushing it, this thing is rather clearly on Simcoe.

And don't tease us like that! its better for you just to bombshell release the story.

Why the York street address? its sort of pushing it, this thing is rather clearly on Simcoe.

And don't tease us like that! its better for you just to bombshell release the story.

Hey, this project has been nothing but a tease for over 8 years. You can wait a few more days. :D

Between Ramako and I, believe me, we are not trying to just tease! We are waiting to speak to some people involved so that we have something intelligent to tell you!

In regards to the York Street address, the "front door" is definitely facing york, if being somewhat west of it. You've seen that image on the previous page, right? It's quite the lengthy forecourt that they'll be changing Station Street into, sure, but it's definitely the building's primary aspect.

Between Ramako and I, believe me, we are not trying to just tease! We are waiting to speak to some people involved so that we have something intelligent to tell you!

In regards to the York Street address, the "front door" is definitely facing york, if being somewhat west of it. You've seen that image on the previous page, right? It's quite the lengthy forecourt that they'll be changing Station Street into, sure, but it's definitely the building's primary aspect.

I tried to Google and find out more info. Only thing I could find when you Google "20 York Street Allied" is this: Allied's largest intensification project, 20 York Street in Toronto, has progressed rapidly through pre-development and is about to be exposed to the market for pre-leasing.

The other thing - was on a comment on an architects resume: Heritage consultant for proposed 50 storey tower and conversion of 151 Front Street and 20 York Street (the Skywalk) for Allied Properties REIT, Toronto

Am thinking that this could be higher then we anticipated!?

The database is usually updated a few days after the initial entity. Any news yet?

Well according to DCN not much info, but probably filled the blanks that were missing on that proposal

OFFICE BUILDING Proj: 9196293-1
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS
171 & 151 Front St W and 20 York St, M5J
$50,000,000 est

Note: Applications for both Official Plan amendment & Rezoning have been submitted and are currently under review. Further update late spring 2014.
Project: construction of a 48-storey office tower.
Scope: 48 storeys
Development: New
Category: Commercial offices

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/...5f58a0d31f33&projectid=9196293&region=ontario

The tower in that rendering looks like it's got a lot more than the 40 floors that the listing claims.
You are right Ramako, that's probably the latest rendering of 48s :cool:
Ill say this one is going to be around 215m/700ft.

Last edited:
From the Allied 2013 Annual Report - project name is now 'Union Centre'.

Curves or not, this looks generic to me. Toronto is getting more and more bland with every cold glassy tower that goes up down there.... Ritz, RBC, Shangrila, Delta, Southcore, Waterpark Place, BA Centre, etc... Just as there is a template for condos there is also, apparently a template for spec office buildings. I know it is a good reflection of our city's prosperous economy, but it's hard to get too excited about the bland overall effect it creates downtown.

Wow. Happy days are here again in terms of large new office tower proposals.

Over the recent while, has there been an appreciable, (but behind the scenes) increase in new and expanding businesses seeking office space, or are many of these project purely anticipatory for when demand warrants?

Back