Mississauga U of T: UTM Science Building | ?m | ?s | U of T | Kieran Timberlake

I love the concrete Brutalist core with glassy, colourful additions! This is turning into quite the complex.

That weird metal thing referenced in post 13 has been removed. No idea what purpose it had or when it was removed but it was gone on my December 29th flight.
1704762737707.png

I'll post proper pictures tomorrow. I am way behind on photo processing. Even though the December weather was crappy and I had limited opportunities, I logged more than six hours of air time. Colour me surprised!

You mean this thing to the right?
Yes, that's the thing! I looked back through some other photos and it wasn't there in the late fall either. I think it was related to the actual construction process.

Yes, that's the thing! I looked back through some other photos and it wasn't there in the late fall either. I think it was related to the actual construction process.
Welp...we can rule out it was an art installation, or it still would be there. So the only thing I can think of it was capping some shaft that lead to a way below grade construction. What it actually was, why it was there and what could they building way down there I'll leave to the fertile imagination. 🙀

...oh! My apologies then. I sit corrected eating a Corvus sandwich! >.<

Oh wow that was surprising. I don't think I've ever seen a site where they build a structure like that exclusively for facade mock-ups and then remove it.

Oh wow that was surprising. I don't think I've ever seen a site where they build a structure like that exclusively for facade mock-ups and then remove it.
They're usually done offsite or have a run of test cladding on the building itself, to my understanding. So, yeah...

Back