Toronto U of T: Schwartz Reisman Innovation Centre (Phase 1) | 64.8m | 13s | U of T | Weiss/Manfredi

No, but it seems odd that they would later halt demolition for the delicate work of removing it after they've started tearing down the facade on either side of it.

Lol, OK lets designate and keep all those crappy derelict 2 storey Edwardian/Victorian row houses before they all get replaced by those crappy Condo structures?
...Come on, ."Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
Crappiness is also in the eye of the beholder. And the majority seems to think these "derelict 2 storey Edwardian/Victorian row houses" aren't crappy

20200123_135831.jpg
20200123_135430.jpg
20200123_135604.jpg

Thanks for the pics!
I did my Master's in a lab in the Banting Institute building, which, I think dates to about 1930.
The Best Institute next door (the one being demolished) was built in the 1950s if I recall correctly.
Banting has a big lecture hall in the east rear wing. I think the rest of each building was labs and offices.

There was also a locked pedestrian/steam tunnel from Banting to TGH under College St. that had the feel of a scary horror film.
We always took our x-ray films to be developed at the TGH emergency department because they had a developing machine.
Late one night I was followed back from TGH by a patient (who looked a bit crazy)
- I walked at a rapid pace and made sure the door was locked behind me after fumbling with keys!

Last edited:

Back