Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

how was it?

yeah but those were different times... back than people were buying without even looking at unit dimensions...

I drove by the sales center on Saturday and saw quite a few people inside... soooo... i guess there are people whotually think Pemberton lowered the price and that they are getting a good deal... :)))

Have your guys heard anything about U condo's urban design sale result? 80%sold out over the weekend? I guess in today's market, 1 bed plus den around 600-700 sf is the most popular unit...which will be sold fastest among any new condo project. I think pitfall U condo has fallen is its unit design either too large or way too small

Have your guys heard anything about U condo's urban design sale result? 80%sold out over the weekend? I guess in today's market, 1 bed plus den around 600-700 sf is the most popular unit...which will be sold fastest among any new condo project. I think pitfall U condo has fallen is its unit design either too large or way too small

i never understand the 'percentage sold' announced by the sales rep. Often enough, the percentage would fluctuate (depending on the sales reps mood, perhaps?). There should be a rule that ensures sales reps who represent the builder do not misinform the public/clients. Don't like it when sales rep gives misleading information that don't quite connect or make sense.

Last edited:
i never understand the 'percentage sold' announced by the sales rep. Often enough, the percentage would fluctuate (depending on the sales reps mood, perhaps?). There should be a rule that ensures sales reps who represent the builder do not misinform the public/clients. Don't like it when sales rep gives misleading information that don't quite connect or make sense.

Often blocks of units are held back and released later - sometimes in phases. The same sometimes goes for PH & SPH units too. Probably all a marketing scheme.
I occasionally pop into sales offices now and again and bumble around a bit & ask a few questions if the sales agents aren't busy. A project in the downtown area that many of us are admire (please don't ask which one) had two well designed suites sold out for many months. I got a phone call 3 or 4 days after my sales office visit telling me that each of the units have one suite available which was just released from the developer. So there's yet another example. Someone who inquired about two units and 3 or 4 days later - presto, there is one available of each.

Often blocks of units are held back and released later - sometimes in phases. The same sometimes goes for PH & SPH units too. Probably all a marketing scheme.
I occasionally pop into sales offices now and again and bumble around a bit & ask a few questions if the sales agents aren't busy. A project in the downtown area that many of us are admire (please don't ask which one) had two well designed suites sold out for many months. I got a phone call 3 or 4 days after my sales office visit telling me that each of the units have one suite available which was just released from the developer. So there's yet another example. Someone who inquired about two units and 3 or 4 days later - presto, there is one available of each.

I also find that practice is used to try and push to sell off less desirable units by holding off the better ones.

urban design sales result

Anyone knows how was the sales result of the Urban Design suites? On top of Urban Design, U condos also have 5 one bed, or one bed plus den floorplan which previously released? Not sure if those are sold out yet?

Any thoughts?

By the way, how much U condo ask for a parking? $35,000? That's cheaper than Fly Condo's $40,000.

I also find that practice is used to try and push to sell off less desirable units by holding off the better ones.

This would be pretty upsetting if it happened to me. Imagine being told you can't buy the corner unit on the 28th floor because it is "not available", so you buy something less enticing. Then two months later suddenly the 28th floor corner unit is for sale by the developer. I'd get pretty damn pissy, that's for sure.

This would be pretty upsetting if it happened to me. Imagine being told you can't buy the corner unit on the 28th floor because it is "not available", so you buy something less enticing. Then two months later suddenly the 28th floor corner unit is for sale by the developer. I'd get pretty damn pissy, that's for sure.

i concur.

I would be even more upset if they told me that the unit is "sold" instead of "not available" and is later released. I would also be very upset if i purchased during Broker VIP event and a year later after my purchase, a similar unit gets sold for less.

So far, it hasn't happened to me yet. But i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

This one will get built. Pricey but still a great project in an unbeatable location. Pemberton has deep pockets and can wait out the economic downturn.

I would want to live here if the (smaller) floorplans were better. The location is fantastic, close to Bloor as well as being next to St. Michael's College. I've always loved St. Michael's and I'm glad the developer has apparently committed to building a park/green/public space at the corner.

Not to mention great looking buildings, and amazing south city/lake views and west views over U of T.

i wouldn't mind living here. i love u of t but bay street in general is still a fixer upper.

yorkville, as always is beautiful, but not my kind of neighbourhood. i don't have a sportscar or trophy wife to show off.

Back