Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

Police have closed down Bay near St Joseph due to falling debris
I passed by and it looks to be coming from the U Condos as there is plenty of debris on the road surrounding the site! Hope nobody got hurt!
Also here's a crappy quality night shot...
IMAG3626.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG3626.jpg
    IMAG3626.jpg
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 1,608
One of the pergolas for one of the town homes is lying in the tree safety zone. Definitely not supposed to be there. St. Mary street is covered in debris. Police aren't letting pedestrians walk down Bay. One of the lights on streetlight on Bay came loose and is swinging around, casting shadows everywhere.

I'm not sure if it even did miss the guy because another photo he posted, his hand was bleeding. Every time we have high winds in this city I worry about safety around all our construction sites. Some pretty major safety issues given all the materials that are not tied down.

Given the relative violence of the weather in recent years I have to wonder if the building codes are equal to the task. I'm sure developers still want to cut corners where they can but glass and steel popping out from great heights under high winds is no laughing matter.

Given the relative violence of the weather in recent years I have to wonder if the building codes are equal to the task. I'm sure developers still want to cut corners where they can but glass and steel popping out from great heights under high winds is no laughing matter.

of course it is. but are the companies following through with the codes is the question.

Until 1 Bloor rises

KS735NT.jpg

*Original photo by urbandreamer

And until The One blocks out 1 Bloor.

I hope you would also credit Koops65 from SSP for using his model of 1 Bloor as well.

Back