Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

If only they had stuck retail along Bay.

You can program a space without always resorting to retail. Not to mention that Bay Street already has a pretty healthy mix of retail in this area (even if the streetscape leaves something to be desired).

Last edited:
These are live/work units and like similar spaces in other central developments you should know to expect a variety of uses.

And they already look out of place. Mixed use is to be expected, but townhouses on Bay is not appropriate at all. What's next, building split levels with car ports on Yonge?

These are live/work units and like similar spaces in other central developments you should know to expect a variety of uses.

Live work units...that start at $2m! At least it'll shake up the rabba-dry cleaners-starbucks mix: Lawyer office, lawyer office, insurance company, lawyer office, financial advisor, lawyer office.

Clearly you don't understand live/work with such a stupid analogy.

And they already look out of place. Mixed use is to be expected, but townhouses on Bay is not appropriate at all. What's next, building split levels with car ports on Yonge?

Clearly you don't understand live/work with such a stupid analogy.

This seems to gone right over your head, but typical of the nastiness I expect from people on this site. Let me spell it out in black and white: they may as well have built a split level with a car port because these people don't understand that this type of scale and density is not appropriate AT ALL.

You don't build a 3 storey row house on a main downtown street no matter what it's used for. (I understand live/work space just fine, thank you very much!)

Last edited:
This seems to gone right over your head, but typical of the nastiness I expect from people on this site. Let me spell it out in black and white: they may as well have built a split level with a car port because these people don't understand that this type of scale and density is not appropriate AT ALL.

You don't build a 3 storey row house on a main downtown street no matter what it's used for. (I understand live/work space just fine, thank you very much!)

Yep, with ground level retail it would've been perfect. But there were probably 20 million reasons not to do that.

Perhaps municipalities need more powers over ground level uses on main streets.

Earlier today:

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_2579.jpg
    IMG_2579.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 692
Annesley Hall (foreground in interchange42's photos above) was featured in the original "Black Christmas" (1974), among other U of T and local sites. Just sayin' :)
Walking by yesterday I really felt a good change to upper Bay St. with this project finally making headway, hopefully it turns out well. Walking down Yonge Street from Bloor also felt very different with 1 BE, Nicholas Residences, FIVE and Aura moving along quickly. Yesterday was my first time taking a good walk around since about mid-December, and I didn't even think to take my camera.

Back