Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

16 September 2012:

20120916181725.jpg

20120916181952.jpg

finally the hype is about to start;)

lol... my hype couldn't get any lower. Back in 07 I was pretty excited about this project and the impact it would have on Bay/Queens Park. Not to mention, the height of these towers was considered very tall back when it was proposed... Now, i don't even think it'll make the top 25 tallest built when complete.

lol... my hype couldn't get any lower. Back in 07 I was pretty excited about this project and the impact it would have on Bay/Queens Park. Not to mention, the height of these towers was considered very tall back when it was proposed... Now, i don't even think it'll make the top 25 tallest built when complete.

It still beats out One King West as 19th tallest. To think that the god awful manulife center used to be considered tall is kind of an eye opener...

It still beats out One King West as 19th tallest. To think that the god awful manulife center used to be considered tall is kind of an eye opener...

I still do think Manulife is pretty tall. it looks a lot taller than it actually is imo. Mostly because it's pretty wide on one side. and something about seeing each individual floor (whereas a glass facade covers it up a bit) makes it menacing... kinda reminds me of the Metlife Building in NY, and how that building (which on it's own is huge) but looks even more massive since it's pretty wide and has park avenue looking straight at it.

Ah Manulife Centre! I just love love love that building. Definitely one of our best buildings. Unfortunately, it will likely be another 30-40 years before it gets appreciated the way it should.

Last edited:

Back