Toronto TYSSE: Pioneer Village Station | 11.89m | 1s | TTC | aLL Design

I kind of agree with the TTC they should be able to censor what is written on it otherwise they can risk being sued by someone that is offended by it.
Not just that, but it's actually written on the TTC Bylaw #1 that offensive language is not permitted.

Before they turned the art off, could you get ticketed for inserting something inappropriate? Or did you have complete freedom of speech?

I opened this thread expecting the corten steel cladding to be mutilated with tags. Nice to see that isn't the case!

They are currently putting up scaffolding to repair the roof first and the artist is working on a new version using LED lights instead of neon.
Ah yes, the never ending project/promise:

Ah yes, the never ending project/promise:

Well since they only just started putting up the scaffolding to fix the skylight first i don't really see there being anything done with arc - en - cel until it's finished with.

Apparently we're going to have to rename this station, due to more foolishness......

The TRCA wants to remove the word 'Pioneer' from the name of Pioneer Village in the name of reconciliation.......

It's hard to shock me with stupidity, I see so much of it.............but this is special......

1683143224649.png

1683143319652.png

To be blunt, I don't believe this is a widely held sentiment among First Nations members living in/near the GTA, nor among newcomers. It's invented nonsense absent evidence to the contrary.

Second, Pioneer Village is and always has been specifically about what early European settlement looked like in Toronto.

That doesn't preclude pre-colonial history, there is in fact a replicated Iroquois Village at Crawford Lake conservation area.

I don't think that needs to be amended to include European dwellings to be inclusive, nor would it offend more recent immigrants. Not everything needs to be about everyone.

Honestly, I was a bit surprised they named it Pioneer Village in the first place, for this exact reason. It might just be because I'm young, but it did seem odd to me considering the "current political circumstances" if you will.

On a further non-political note, I think a name like Black Creek Village, or even just Black Creek sounds a lot better than Pioneer Village. That's just a personal opinion though, and I still think this is going to be a lot of money which could've been used for much better things.

Back