Toronto Trinity Lofts | ?m | 8s | Streetcar | Giannone Petricone

Lamb and Streetcar create some incredible little developments. One look at this thing and I'm thrilled.

It's contextual, it's unique without being gaudy, it's made of good materials, it fits the curve in the street. A+

The design seems to be a mini version of and homage to New York's 34 floor 'Lipstick' building, a.k.a. 53rd at Third.

LipstickBldg.jpg

While the Lipstick Building was designed by John Burgee and Philip Johnston, Streetcar's Trinity Lofts are by Giannone Petricone who have done such beautiful work for Fram in Port Credit amongst other projects.

Last edited:
That's exactly the first resemblance that came to mind for me too. Thanks for the image :)

This would seem to be Trinity Lofts (MODS MAY WANT TO ADD ADDRESS TO THREAD TITLE?)

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1H3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 249451 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Aug 30, 2010

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: Proposal to construct new eight storey mixed use building. Building comprised of 82 residential units, ground floor retail use and two below grade parking facilities.

Last edited:
The design seems to be a mini version of and homage to New York's 34 floor 'Lipstick' building, a.k.a. 53rd at Third.

LipstickBldg.jpg

While the Lipstick Building was designed by John Burgee and Philip Johnston, Streetcar's Trinity Lofts are by Giannone Petricone who have done such beautiful work for Fram in Port Credit amongst other projects.

Damn that looks sexy! :D

Would be nice if trinity had some more height though, I guess it fits the surroundings nicely.

This is a handsome building that will fit into its location well. Best of all, it has some well designed retail.

Holy Trinity! Urbanation tipped me to this promo announcing construction is starting this winter--could mean as late as March 2011 lol--so JHC, I'm so-like-pumped-that-like-I wanna go to a seminar and listen to Jeanhy Shim talk (or pressure sell condos to morons more likely.:p)

http://email.trinitylofts.ca/Newsletter2010Fall/

I hope this dreary, desolate area gets filled with dozens more projects like this. You can just sense it's a future hot zone.

One ugly dealership down, another to go. There's also that weird studio or something on the east side of Trinity, south of Eastern. Any plans for that site??

Btw, does anyone know if/when Eastern Ave and Front Streets are going to get repaved? It's a nightmare riding my bike down those streets!

One ugly dealership down, another to go. There's also that weird studio or something on the east side of Trinity, south of Eastern. Any plans for that site??

Btw, does anyone know if/when Eastern Ave and Front Streets are going to get repaved? It's a nightmare riding my bike down those streets!

The City is about to start ("in November" they said) to lay a new watermain on Front Street and Eastern from the bridge to Lower Sherbourne, in 2011 they will do the section from Lower Sherbourne to Lower Jarvis. (West of Jarvis was done several years ago.) Once the pipes are done the street will be repaved in 2011 and supposedly the section from Jarvis to Sherbourne, and Lower Sherbourne will be improved with wider sidewalks, better lighting etc etc.

They have started 'pile driving' for the shoring and another permit has been applied for:

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1H3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 299666 STR 00 PP Accepted Date: Dec 17, 2010

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Structural Framing

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a new eight storey mixed use building. Building comprised of 82 residential units, ground floor retail use and three below grade parking facilities. See also 10 165672 STE and 10 247123 MV.

More permit applications:

2 EASTERN AVE

10 299666 HVA 00 Mechanical(MS) Jan 31, 2011 Not Started
10 299666 PLB 00 Plumbing(PS) Jan 31, 2011 Not Started
10 299666 DRN 00 Drain and Site Service Jan 31, 2011 Not Started

Back