News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 676     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 938     0 

Toronto Tourism

Believe it or not, having lived here a month, for sports fans Bremner Blvd is the only part of Toronto they'll see. Although I don't know if that supports or disproves your point...

OTOH, we took the subway to Ossington to buy a used violin today, and walked back Bloor / Spadina / Adelaide / York to MLS. Toronto has a ton of interesting activity going on, even in January. K-Town was bopping, lots of people out and about at Bloor & Bathurst, Spadina through Chinatown as busy as usual. Haters will see the boarded up storefronts, lovers will see the great new shops/restaurants/bars. It's been a fun month of re-introducing ourselves to Toronto.

It's really time Bremner Blvd received some special treatment. The entire corridor from the ACC to Rogers Centre is a hub of sports and entertainment activities. Form some sort of Sports district with Rogers/Bell and give the street/sidewalk/fixtures special treatment. Banners, premium sidewalk materials, a Toronto sports walk of fame (?), etc. Could a skating rink/basketball court be installed somewhere (Steemwhistle?). The legends row can be just a start. Any other ideas?

It's really time Bremner Blvd received some special treatment. The entire corridor from the ACC to Rogers Centre is a hub of sports and entertainment activities. Form some sort of Sports district with Rogers/Bell and give the street/sidewalk/fixtures special treatment. Banners, premium sidewalk materials, a Toronto sports walk of fame (?), etc. Could a skating rink/basketball court be installed somewhere (Steemwhistle?). The legends row can be just a start. Any other ideas?
Good ideas, but I wouldn't place a basketball court on such prime real estate. A skating rink in the winter would be neat, though. Not sure how practical that is, however.

Good ideas, but I wouldn't place a basketball court on such prime real estate. A skating rink in the winter would be neat, though. Not sure how practical that is, however.

why not a basketball court but a skating rink? they're the same size.

why not a basketball court but a skating rink? they're the same size.
A skating rink would appeal to more people (especially families) and a broader age span. Also, a skating rink could just be a temporary thing built in the winter and removed in the spring. A basketball court would be a waste of space once the weather turns cold.

Trump voters don't travel. Probably don't even own passports.

More anti-Trump nonsense based on the myth that Trump voters are ignorant. Trump got more voters than Clinton who earn more than $50k/year (i.e. those who can afford international travel).

Demographically, the biggest difference between Clinton and Trump was race. Trump won the white vote across almost every gender, income, and educational level. Clinton won the minority vote.

Reactions: rbt

Back