Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Many of the trees are in bad shape already. I noticed they already removed most of the tall trees from the courtyard as they died immediately. Here’s a couple more on Sherbourne that are already too far gone.

There's a lot of trees not doing well near the lake as well; on Jarivs and within Sugar Beach as well.

The trees on the promenade at Sugar Beach seemed to have been infected with something last year that was spreading rapidly. I never made it down there this summer to see if it had been stopped.

The trees on the promenade at Sugar Beach seemed to have been infected with something last year that was spreading rapidly. I never made it down there this summer to see if it had been stopped.
I was there yesterday and while there are a few dead trees, it looks much healthier overall this year.

They uninstalled the bike racks along The Esplanade and put planters in their space. I guess to compensate for the promised but not delivered trees along the south side of the building?
IMG_0840.jpeg

They uninstalled the bike racks along The Esplanade and put planters in their space. I guess to compensate for the promised but not delivered trees along the south side of the building?
This project is always one step forward, two steps back.

They installed surprisingly decent-looking interlocking stone pavers in the south courtyard last summer, then spent months parking big trucks on them repeatedly until the stones were all cracked and chipped.

They spent months installing complicated self-irrigating soil cell trenches on the north sidewalk, then they inexplicably planted a bunch of trees during a heatwave in the last days of July, didn't turn on the watering system, and then -- shockingly -- all the trees died within days in baking dry soil.

Now they've put positioned these planters right next to the walls where the trim covering the foam insulation along the bottom has yet to be installed. I predict the next step will either be 1) they never bother to install that missing trim, or 2) they damage the planters trying to install the trim around them.

Now they've put positioned these planters right next to the walls where the trim covering the foam insulation along the bottom has yet to be installed. I predict the next step will either be 1) they never bother to install that missing trim, or 2) they damage the planters trying to install the trim around them.

I’d actually be happy if they move them out away from the building with some tall shrubs that can offer pedestrians some shade. The heat along that stretch in the summer sun is brutal!

I’d actually be happy if they move them out away from the building with some tall shrubs that can offer pedestrians some shade. The heat along that stretch in the summer sun is brutal!
The poor residents of those ground floor units on The Esplanade would also probably welcome some screening from passers-by. One appears to be occupied now.

Absolutely trash quality from a shoddy quality developer, i'm not surprised to see the sad state of affairs with the courtyard.
I am torn between thinking that this behemoth didn't turn as bad as I thought it would be...but it was built entirely in the wrong area in every way. /sigh

I am torn between thinking that this behemoth didn't turn as bad as I thought it would be...but it was built entirely in the wrong area in every way. /sigh

In any other context, I wouldn't have any huge issues with the development. However, the fact that it borders the St. Lawrence community, one of the best Toronto neighbourhoods of the last century, is unfortunate, and at worse, insulting.

Looks like they’re installing bollards to block cars from entering the mid block connection on the Sherbourne side. As a cyclist, I was hoping they’d leave it open so drivers would stop stopping in the no stopping zone on Sherbourne’s Northbound bike lane.

Since the building has been occupied, it’s a rare occasion for that stretch of bike lane to NOT have multiple drivers stopped in it.

Looks like they’re installing bollards to block cars from entering the mid block connection on the Sherbourne side. As a cyclist, I was hoping they’d leave it open so drivers would stop stopping in the no stopping zone on Sherbourne’s Northbound bike lane.

Since the building has been occupied, it’s a rare occasion for that stretch of bike lane to NOT have multiple drivers stopped in it.
I thought they might do this. They put trees there previously but without bollards, I was afraid the trees would just get run down.

People parking and stopping in that bike lane (and even the sidewalk) has been rampant since the building was occupied, and I can't see that it's going to stop with the addition of a few bollards. But I honestly don't know the solution. If they left it open to Sherbourne it would create a whole new nightmare of cars turning in and out of there onto a very busy street very close to the Esplanade intersection. It would be a different dangerous situation for pedestrians and cyclists -- and potentially jam up traffic for Sherbourne drivers, too, when its busy.

Basically this shortsighted design has created a bit of a mess that has no solution other than hoping and praying drivers obey the rules and go around to the Princess side for pickups and drop-offs. Which will never happen. So, basically, good luck out there.

I thought they might do this. They put trees there previously but without bollards, I was afraid the trees would just get run down.

People parking and stopping in that bike lane (and even the sidewalk) has been rampant since the building was occupied, and I can't see that it's going to stop with the addition of a few bollards. But I honestly don't know the solution. If they left it open to Sherbourne it would create a whole new nightmare of cars turning in and out of there onto a very busy street very close to the Esplanade intersection. It would be a different dangerous situation for pedestrians and cyclists -- and potentially jam up traffic for Sherbourne drivers, too, when its busy.

Basically this shortsighted design has created a bit of a mess that has no solution other than hoping and praying drivers obey the rules and go around to the Princess side for pickups and drop-offs. Which will never happen. So, basically, good luck out there.
One of the 'requirements' when the building was being planned was a mid-block pedestrian connection and these are very useful. This large one is certainly better than the rat hole at Jarvis//Adelaide (Vu) but ..

Problem is that there are condo entrances on Lower Sherburne but zero parking. Like much about T & S it was all poorly executed and the only planning involved was financial.

Back