Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

There must be only a week or two left at most, though? They've clearly poured the top floor on both towers and just need to finish up a few things.
it depends on the weather. They haven't finished the top layer on both north towers. concrete should be between 10 degrees when setting. once we hit freezing, temperatures can't pour concrete.

I just do regular low rise home renovations but I am pretty sure the same applies to condos

it depends on the weather. They haven't finished the top layer on both north towers. concrete should be between 10 degrees when setting. once we hit freezing, temperatures can't pour concrete.

I just do regular low rise home renovations but I am pretty sure the same applies to condos
You CAN certainly pour concrete in winter and high rise construction does not stop in winter here but it needs to be done properly and the extra precautions cost $$. See: https://www.foxblocks.com/blog/pouring-concrete-in-cold-weather

1668790951519.png

You CAN certainly pour concrete in winter and high rise construction does not stop in winter here but it needs to be done properly and the extra precautions cost $$. See: https://www.foxblocks.com/blog/pouring-concrete-in-cold-weather
sure it can be possible but i dont think they are doing it. other projects I see are not pouring more concrete and I dont see time and space pouring more concrete.

I think they should have really focused more on the north section to finish the concrete before temperatures got below zero.

sure it can be possible but i dont think they are doing it. other projects I see are not pouring more concrete and I dont see time and space pouring more concrete.

I think they should have really focused more on the north section to finish the concrete before temperatures got below zero.
Concrete pouring will certainly continue, as @DSC said. Construction does not stop in Toronto for winter, it just adapts.

Was driving east on the Esplanade yesterday, and man I love the view of this from area. Just gives the area such a nice dense feel.

Kinda agree on this, but speaking as someone who really cares about the look of the building I totally get why all of them look the same, most of the people don’t care at all and only get upset if is a really ugly one. Generic gets a pass most of the time.
Even the really ugly ones have no problems finding buyers/ tenants. I have yet met someone who refuses to buy/rent a unit in a building because it's ugly, although I suspect plenty of UT members would.

Even the really ugly ones have no problems finding buyers/ tenants. I have yet met someone who refuses to buy/rent a unit in a building because it's ugly, although I suspect plenty of UT members would.
I think most people are more concerned with the aesthetics of the neighbouring buildings that they have to look at every time they look out their window, than how good their own building looks.

I think most people are more concerned with the aesthetics of the neighbouring buildings that they have to look at every time they look out their window, than how good their own building looks.
Sure, people are selfish and what you see from your window is important. Nobody wants to see a junkyard, railway tracks or smoke-belching plants from their living space if they have a choice. But I doubt there are too many people who say "I don't want to live in this building because it faces an ugly building"

Sure, people are selfish and what you see from your window is important. Nobody wants to see a junkyard, railway tracks or smoke-belching plants from their living space if they have a choice. But I doubt there are too many people who say "I don't want to live in this building because it faces an ugly building"
They are more likely to say "I do not want to live in this building/neighbourhood because there is this huge "thing' looming over it and there is less sunlight." Aesthetics are much more subjective than 'darkness'.

They are more likely to say "I do not want to live in this building/neighbourhood because there is this huge "thing' looming over it and there is less sunlight." Aesthetics are much more subjective than 'darkness'.
Yes. I personally don’t want to live in a unit directly and very closely facing another unit for both light and privacy reasons. I know that’s a hard stance to take in downtown TO without having to shell out big bucks for lake-facing units, but I managed to find one.

Back