Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

What a little jewel box this is at ground level. I look forward to hanging here during an intermission at the Alex on a warm summer evening. Loverly!

How 'bout a nice wintery shot for this building?
IMG_5200.JPG

IMG_5202.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5202.JPG
    IMG_5202.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,671
  • IMG_5200.JPG
    IMG_5200.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,729
It depends upon whether or not you like the "distortion free" image. I'm not particularly a fan of straightening out the sides of a building so much that you remove the vanishing point. That's not natural.

Heard some pretty ugly stuff regarding what Brad Lamb is doing with Theatre Park's condo board.

Evidently there's a loophole in the legislation that says only a tiny number of people on the board actually have to reside/own in the building. From what a close friend who lives in the building tells me is that almost the entire condo board is made up of Brad Lamb friends and associates (even his brother, apparently), none of which actually live in the building.
Though I don't know what the end game is here I can't image it is to properly represent the wishes and interests of the owners going forward, especially with the numerous delays, cancellations, changes, floods and other things that have plagued this project.
Some residents are trying to get enough support to force another condo board vote and are considering legal action.

Not sure if this is common place in the industry (I know it didn't happen in any of the condos I've owned, but then again none of them were brand new developments). If nothing else, food for thought for anyone considering a Lamb project.

unfortunately I believe that is common ... I believe in most buildings only 1 position on the condo board has to be represented by an "owner occupied unit"

Small clarification - under the Condominium Act (Section 28, Subsection 3), yes - one director is to be elected by the owners of the owner occupied units, HOWEVER - the owner occupied elected director DOES NOT have to be a resident or even an owner in the building. The only restrictions on an individual with respect to their eligibility to be a director (owner-occupied elected or otherwise) are those outlined in Section 29 of the Act:

"No person shall be a director if:
(a) the person is under eighteen years of age;
(b) the person is an undischarged bankrupt; or
(c) the person is a mentally incompetent person."

Absolutely no requirement for a director to be an owner, or even live in the building.

Has the building registered? The first "board" is always made up of people appointed by the developer until the turnover AGM when the first real board is elected. Unfortunately, that first board creates the declaration which subsequent boards have to live with. It isn't until the first AGM that owners can vote for board members.

Back