Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

These guys are so full of themselves. It's an interesting building but it will be lost and quite ordinary with all the intensification to come. Clewes is imagining far too much symbolism here. Not an innovative design in the least and it's tailored specifically to the most elite. Definitely not the best, Toronto deserves better.

lol @ the waterfall freezing during the winter. That's not going to happen. The water will be turned off.

lol... yeah, I guess it would be silly to have two frozen waterfalls in Toronto.

11612028_1f7d4e9789_z.jpg

Frozen waterfall by Patanne at Flickr

5399537267_a6861626aa_z.jpg

YORKVILLE by laura.levesque at Flickr

Definitely looking forward to the chic new forecourt waterfall. My favourite one in the city right now has to be Cloud Gardens.

@ 3:57 in the vid lol. Couldn't they not find a city shot taken within the last 20 years?

Last edited:
These guys are so full of themselves. It's an interesting building but it will be lost and quite ordinary with all the intensification to come. Clewes is imagining far too much symbolism here. Not an innovative design in the least and it's tailored specifically to the most elite. Definitely not the best, Toronto deserves better.

I couldn't disagree more. Contrast the approach here (respectful of heritage, the performing arts, the public realm and the existing urban fabric) with the 'block-busting' (sue me!) approach being forced on us down the street... and don't mistake 'grandiose' for innovative, by the way! Clewes' approach here may not provide a puffed up 'star search' moment for you but it does confidently affirm a design/development philosophy that this city so desperately needs... which is exciting and innovative in its own quieter way. This is exactly what Toronto deserves!

^ It is in the video PE, not sure whether they are showing the final design for the waterfall though

That's my point - TheKingEast seems unimpressed with what is 'proposed' for the water feature yet what is shown in renderings and in the video posted above is taller and seems to have more water than what exists on Cumberland. I guess a better question might therefore be 'what is so underwhelming?'

Back