Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

Actually, it is glass and steel and very busy. Different than anything I have seen in Toronto thus far. I have only seen a picture of the upper 1/2 however.

Not to be a debbie downer but, i don't see any indication that this tower was approved. The lack of approvals hasn't stopped developers before from testing the market or even pre-selling units.

via Khrristopher (so you too don't spend 5 min. looking for it):
3276657697_0d29d3b400.jpg
3277478340_e7e44406be.jpg

I don't know. It is significant, I think, that the OMB hearing for Theatre Park had been scheduled to start on Oct 12th, since the billboards announcing the project did not go up until AFTER that date. While I can see a developer pre-selling a disputed project before the OMB hearing in the hope that they win, I cannot see any reputable developer selling units in a project that had been rejected by the OMB.

I don't know. It is significant, I think, that the OMB hearing for Theatre Park had been scheduled to start on Oct 12th, since the billboards announcing the project did not go up until AFTER that date. While I can see a developer pre-selling a disputed project before the OMB hearing in the hope that they win, I cannot see any reputable developer selling units in a project that had been rejected by the OMB.

They're not selling yet. They're just advertising that they will be selling soon.

Loving this design, hopefully they find a way to incorporate it at street level properly rather than making it seem awkward being next to the Alex.

I'd rather see a strong street-wall here than the set-back proposed... and why not another live theatre venue as the podium? This is after all the so-called theatre district. Is there space at this site? The height and density are great but a little more long-term thinking at street level is much needed.

If this gets approval which i believe it will or has, there is no reason it wont get built...great location and will most likely sell like hotcakes, look up the street where the RCMI 42 storey tower sold out in less than 6 months.

Well...RCMI is nothing but 1 bedroom suites with the largest suite being around 700 sqft give or take so I'm not surprised it sold as quickly as it did. With that said, I think this building will sell well and wouldn't be surprised if the larger suites end up getting redesigned into 1 bedrooms given where the market's going. Lamb + AA is a nice tandem. Great location too.

I totally forgot about Theatre Park -- nice to see this is back on the boards.

I am surprised to hear that RCMI sold out so fast considering the small units, high selling prices, and no parking offered at all -- great location and building though.

Just to clear things up here's the status of the OMB hearing: the development hasn't officially been approved but there was a motion brought by Councilor Vaughn (and carried) at the last council meeting to approve the application with a few modifications. The modifications include a small reduction in height, from 164 to 157 metres and some changes to the Section 37 Agreement. So as far as the City is concerned the upcoming hearing will be a settlement hearing.

Back