The Well | 174m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

cd concept

Member Bio
Reaction score
Nah, I hope they use ultra-low iron glass similiar to what's been used at say 7 St.. Thomas.

AoD
I just hope it's not too transparent. We have too much of that in the downtown core! The CIBC stick out from a distance because of its deep blue glazed curtain wall .

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just hope it's not too transparent. We have too much of that in the downtown core! The CIBC stick out from a distance because of its deep blue glazed curtain wall .
I am hoping for the exact opposite - ultra transparency. The design of the tower will make it a good fit.

AoD

AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
Curtain wall installation could still be a while, unfortunately. What I was told at the site (a while ago) was that because of the risk of damage from the adjoining construction work on the south-east residential building, the curtain wall contractor would not be starting on the office tower until the residential tower is sufficiently above grade to minimize the risk of damage to newly installed curtain wall.

cd concept

Member Bio
Reaction score
Curtain wall installation could still be a while, unfortunately. What I was told at the site (a while ago) was that because of the risk of damage from the adjoining construction work on the south-east residential building, the curtain wall contractor would not be starting on the office tower until the residential tower is sufficiently above grade to minimize the risk of damage to newly installed curtain wall.
Are we talking a few floors above ground level because it's going to be winter ! Don't the subs need some protection from winter elements to do their job indoors?

DavidCapizzano

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the architectural plans but with the elevator core hugging the north side of the building, I wonder if they are planning windows so passengers get a view as they climb upwards. Based on the form work so far it doesn’t look like a solid wall so that gives me hope!

Last edited: