Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Curtain wall installation could still be a while, unfortunately. What I was told at the site (a while ago) was that because of the risk of damage from the adjoining construction work on the south-east residential building, the curtain wall contractor would not be starting on the office tower until the residential tower is sufficiently above grade to minimize the risk of damage to newly installed curtain wall.

Curtain wall installation could still be a while, unfortunately. What I was told at the site (a while ago) was that because of the risk of damage from the adjoining construction work on the south-east residential building, the curtain wall contractor would not be starting on the office tower until the residential tower is sufficiently above grade to minimize the risk of damage to newly installed curtain wall.
Are we talking a few floors above ground level because it's going to be winter ! Don't the subs need some protection from winter elements to do their job indoors?

Nov 22, 2019

DSC05426.JPG

DSC05428.JPG

DSC05429.JPG

DSC05430.JPG

DSC05431.JPG

DSC05432.JPG

DSC05435.JPG

DSC05436.JPG

DSC05438.JPG

DSC05441.JPG

DSC05442.JPG

DSC05444.JPG

DSC05445.JPG

Hard to tell from the architectural plans but with the elevator core hugging the north side of the building, I wonder if they are planning windows so passengers get a view as they climb upwards. Based on the form work so far it doesn’t look like a solid wall so that gives me hope!

Last edited:
Hard to tell from the architectural plans but with the elevator core hugging the north side of the building, I wonder if they are planning windows so passengers get a view as they climb upwards. Based on the form work so far it doesn’t look like a solid wall so that gives me hope!
That would be sweet! I couldn't for the life of me find any elevation of that west facade, but i looking at the plans the cores run parallel to the direction that opening is facing. Not sure that the elevators themselves will have windows but at least each lobby could potentially have one, the image below is only from level 03 (if anyone finds the higher floors of the office tower or section from sheet Ax5-111 please let me know... spent way too long looking through the development application site lol)
1575749069960.png

Back