Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

can you bring dogs into the well?
From the well toronto official site
1703346533489.png

Finally got to visit The Well. I must say I was impressed, and my wife, who normally doesn't comment on architecture said, "It feels solid. Like something we'd see back in London [UK]". Praise indeed!
Similarly, my mom out in Victoria BC sent me a CBC article on The Well and was like "have you been here?" and told me she wants to check it out next time she's in TO. It's definitely getting attention from people who aren't in the architecture/development bubble!

It truly does ! My big fear though, will it actually be a success ? I'm not so sure about that yet. The good news being the built form is done regardless of the financial viability i.e. we win :)

Feels like a missed opportunity not to include a hotel in the complex (and a movie theatre but that horse was beaten to death long long ago)
I hear you but take heart! There is the building at the northeast corner (Stantec) that wasn't included in the development that could include on in the future as well as the imminent development of the northeast corner of Front and Spadina. And as far as viability goes I think that the real draw of this complex will be the food options, none of which has opened yet.

It truly does ! My big fear though, will it actually be a success ? I'm not so sure about that yet. The good news being the built form is done regardless of the financial viability i.e. we win :)

Makes me wonder how many retailers are kicking themselves for not signing a lease during COVID, I assume the retail makeup would’ve looked very different in another universe

Back