Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Good thing it's the Tridel building. That means it's the condos, not the rental units.
Since occupancy isn't finished I expect no one has closed yet. If that's the case they're all effectively still renters.

Regardless, like others here I'm not sure why you think this outcome is better.

Isn’t the development at least LEED Gold? You would think there will be environmental provisions to have the lights automatically turn off (or on motion detectors) when vacant at night or after hours.
It‘s like living across the street from a supermarket or convenience store for those residents, but at least there will be almost no one in the office building to watch you at night.

1699031735477.png

IMG_2952.jpeg
IMG_2953.jpeg

November 3rd 2023

Just a quick note from my passing here last night (no pics, it was getting dark, I didn't see good added value w/so many excellent contributions by others as of late)......

So I cross Spadina and I see a couple of people scarfing on Prince Street Pizza, me being me, I just walk up and ask how it is......... LOL

They raved almost as much as @Johnny Au ; they apparently drove in from Brampton to try it. LOL

I had thought maybe I'd grab a slice, but they reported that the wait at 5pm on a Sunday was 1 hour for a slice.

"That's it" I said to myself, I can't get a slice here til the impact of @Johnny Au 's review wears off.........

I'll be by to grab a slice in February.

Last edited:
Just a quick note from my passing here last night (no pics, it wasn't late, I didn't see good added value w/so many excellent contributions by others as of late)......

I must have just missed you!

I went through with my wife, and I think it's nice (I had a walkthrough a few months ago, but more stuff is open now), but her reaction was "From what I'd read about it, I thought it would look less like a shopping mall." She's no architecture critic, but found it pretty bland. I was surprised.

And even the lineups for coffee were a bit too long for us.

I went to explore the area a bit but I found it a bit dangerous. Lots of construction going on yet people are allowed to pass through. Had 2 guys holding long metal poles almost hit me with them. Maybe I could get a nice condo out of this...

Back